This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical Investigation of Solenoid Valve Flow Field in Decoupled Brake-by-Wire System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
The decoupling brake-by-wire system controls the key components of the flow path and liquid flow of the whole brake system through the solenoid valve of the bottom control unit. The reference cross-sectional area value at the valve inlet is obtained by calculation, and the valve body structure model is established. The flow channel structure is extracted, and the porous media model is used to replace the fluid area of the filter screen at the entrance of the solenoid valve. The Fluent software is used to analyze the influence on the flow characteristics of the solenoid valve with or without a filter. The accuracy of the model is verified by the experimental results, which also show that the porous medium can effectively and accurately reflect the characteristics of the solenoid valve end filter. Based on the simulation model, the influences of parameters such as the diameter of the solenoid valve inlet, cone angle and spool stroke on the internal flow field characteristics of the solenoid valve are analyzed, and the methods to improve the internal flow field characteristics of the solenoid valve are put forward.
Citationwan, l., Wang, M., Jiang, Y., and Zhao, X., "Numerical Investigation of Solenoid Valve Flow Field in Decoupled Brake-by-Wire System," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0806, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0806.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Li , S. , Wu , P. , Cao , L. et al. CFD Simulation of Dynamic Characteristics of a Solenoid Valve for Exhaust Gas Turbocharger System Applied Thermal Engineering 2017 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2016.08.155
- Yang , Q. , Zhang , Z. , Liu , M. , and Hu , J. Numerical Simulation of Fluid Flow Inside the Valve Procedia Engineering 23 543 550 2011 10.1016/j.proeng.2011.11.2545
- Yang , Q. , Wang , X.Z. , Liu , M.Y. , Hu , J. , and Zhang , Z.G. Optimization of Valve Block Shape Using cfd Applied Mechanics & Materials 190 191 2012 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.190-191.133
- Liang , J. , Luo , X. , Liu , Y. , Li , X. , Shi , T. A Numerical Investigation in Effects of Inlet Pressure Fluctuations on the Flow and Cavitation Characteristics Inside Water Hydraulic Poppet Valves International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 2016 103 684 700 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.07.112
- Li , R. , Feng , Y.B. , Liu , J. , Zhang , A. , and Li , X.K. Three-Dimensional Simulation and Analysis of the Internal Flow Field of Solenoid Valve Based on Fluent Hydraulics and Pneumatics 10 96 98 2013 10.11832/j.issn.1000-4858.2013.10.025
- Lisowski , E. , and Rajda , J. CFD Analysis of Pressure Loss During Flow by Hydraulic Directional Control Valve Constructed from Logic Valves Energy Conversion and Management 65 285 291 2013 10.1016/j.enconman.2012.08.015
- Jin , Y.B. , Zhou , S.P. , and Zhang , H.
- Gao , Q. , Ding , L. , and Huang , D. Experimental and Numerical Study on Loss Characteristics of Main Steam Valve Strainer in Steam Turbine - Science Direct Applied Thermal Engineering 147 935 942 2019 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2018.07.031
- Hou , Z.Z. , and Guo , Y.F. Simulation and Calculation of Flow Field of Filter Based on FLUENT Ship 031 002 58 62 2020 10.19423/j.cnki.31-1561/u.2020.02.058
- Hou , Z.Z. , Zhang , K.K. , Wang , B.W. et al. Numerical Study on Different Mesh Models of Filter Screens Ship 029 006 43 48 2018 10.19423/j.cnki.31-1561/u.2018.06.043
- Lisowski , E. , and Filo , G. Analysis of a Proportional Control Valve Flow Coefficient with the Usage of a cfd Method Flow Measurement & Instrumentation 53 269 278 2017 10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2016.12.009