This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Discretization for Transient Impact Loads on Door Closing
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
The transient impact load generated by door closing is used as the input of the closing condition, which is an important part of door system investigation. In this article, the basic theory of transfer path analysis (TPA) is introduced to handle the abnormal vibration of the front-left door with the glass down stall position of a certain vehicle during the closure. The transient impact loads are discretized under the closed door and obtained using the inverse matrix (IM) method in TPA. Vehicle test and bench test are conducted. The closed door is subjected to the transient impact loads of the sealing strip and the latch on the body side. In the vehicle test, acceleration sensors are pasted on the target point and the reference point on the door to obtain the acceleration vibration response upon the door closure. In the bench test, when the hammer strikes the excitation points, the frequency response functions (FRFs) from these points to the reference point and to the target point are recorded by the acceleration sensors. The vibration amplitude of the front-left door with the glass down stall position is taken as the criterion. Finally, a reasonable discretization number of the door-closing transient impact loads is determined, which provides guidance for subsequent research of the door system.
CitationLiu, Z., Gao, Y., Xu, X., Ma, C. et al., "Analysis of Discretization for Transient Impact Loads on Door Closing," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0799, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0799.
- Gao , Y. , Shi , W. , Yang , Z. , and Wang , G. Abnormal Sound Test Analysis in Door Closing Case with Fully Dropped Glass Based on Modal Decomposition Journal of Vibration, Measurement & Diagnosis 39 03 552 559 2019 10.16450/j.cnki.issn.1004-6801.2019.03.014
- Gao , Y. , Wang , H. , Yang , Z. , and Shi , W. Identification of Door Closing Abnormal Noise Source Based on Time-Frequency Partial Coherence Analysis Noise and Vibration Control 40 01 19 24 2020
- Nam , Y. and Yoon , G. Minimizing the Rattling of Door Glass SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0443 2017 https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0443
- Zhang , Y. , Hou , H. , Zhang , Z. , and Yang , Y. Door-Closing Sound Quality Improvement Process Based on Beamforming Method, Wavelet Analysis, and Component Design Optimization SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH 4 3 2020 10.4271/10-04-03-0016
- David , H. Sound Quality of Impulsive Noises: An Applied Study of Automotive Door Closing Sounds SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1684 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1684
- Kumar , N. , Kumar , R. , and Nair , S. Experimental Approach to Improve the Door Slam Noise Quality in Utility Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2013-26-0095 2013 https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-26-0095
- Siavoshani , S. and Vesikar , P. Door Closing Sound Quality Methodology - Airborne and Structural Path Contributions SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars-Mech. Syst. 8 3 2015 https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2263
- Zhang , Z. and Yong , S. Low Frequency Transient Cae Analysis for Vehicle Door Closure Sound Quality SAE Technical Paper 2005-1-2339 2005 https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2339
- Muneer , M. and Sharma , Y. Study of Sliding Door Closing Speed for a Manually Operated Sliding Door SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1318 2015 https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1318
- Beniwal , R. , Wu , S. System Level Noise Source Identification and Diagnostics on a Vehicle Door Module SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2280 2007 https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2280
- Ulizio , M. , Lampman , D. , Walawender , C. , and Abhyankar , S. Novel Glass Laminates for Improved Acoustic Performance SAE Int. J. Advances & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 1 3 848 854 2019 10.4271/2019-01-0395
- Yang , C. , and Yu , D. The Study on Optimization Methods of the Door Slamming Noise Automotive Engineering 35 03 243 248 2013 10.19562/j.chinasae.qcgc.2013.03.010
- Yang , C. , and Yu , D. An Investigation into the Technique for Improving the Sound Quality of Vehicle Door Slamming 34 08 686 691 2012 10.19562/j.chinasae.qcgc.2012.08.005