This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Research on Vibration Reduction of Automobile Transmission Shaft Intermediate Support
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
In the variable axial transmission system of an automobile, the power output of the segmented transmission shaft changes, which affects the vibration of the rear axle to a certain extent. As an important component of the drive shaft system, the intermediate support has an important effect on reducing the vibration transmission path of the drive shaft and the vibration of the rear axle system. In this paper, the vibration characteristics of the intermediate support of a certain vehicle's transmission shaft and the transmission shaft system are studied, and the vibration damping performance of the intermediate support rubber is theoretically analyzed and design optimized. In order to solve the vibration problem in the high frequency range of this car, a rubber pad was added at the position of the installation hole of the intermediate support bracket assembly to form a structure with double-layer vibration isolation effect, and the stiffness of this structure was optimized. First, the vibration transmission characteristics of the single/double-layer vibration isolation system are analyzed by the vibration isolation theory, the critical speed of the drive shaft is calculated by the finite element method, and the effective working stiffness range of the intermediate support is calculated by combining the vibration isolation theory, avoiding the resonance area. At the same time, the optimization of the stiffness of the intermediate support proposes an optimization interval. Then use virtual prototype technology to optimize the stiffness of the intermediate support and get the optimal value of stiffness. Finally, the vibration performance output of the optimized intermediate support in the whole vehicle is tested and analyzed. The results prove that the vibration isolation performance of the intermediate support with double-layer vibration isolation is consistent with the theoretical analysis conclusion.
CitationLu, Y., Shangguan, W., and Chen, X., "Design and Research on Vibration Reduction of Automobile Transmission Shaft Intermediate Support," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0701, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0701.
- Finite Element Analysis of Natural Whirl Speeds of Rotating Shafts[J] 1991 40 3
- Alugongo , A.A. A Nonlinear Torsional Vibration Model of a Propeller Shaft with a Crack-induced Parametric Excitation and a Hookes Joint Type of Kinematic Constraint[C]//IEEE Africon'11 IEEE 1 7 2011
- Feng Xia , Y. , Pang , J. , Hu , C. et al. Multi-Body Dynamic Analysis of Driveline Torsional Vibration for an RWD Vehicle[R] SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2064 2014 10.4271/2014-01-2064
- Porter , B. A Theoretical Analysis of the Torsional Oscillation of a System Incorporating a Hooke's Joint[J] Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 3 4 324 329 1961
- Asokanthan , S.F. , and Meehan , P.A. Non-linear Vibration of a Torsional System Driven by a Hooke's Joint[J] Journal of Sound and Vibration 233 2 297 310 2000
- Suh , I.S. , and Orzechowski , J. Drivetrain Torsional and Bending Vibration for a RWD Vehicle Interior Noise Development[R] SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1496 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1496
- Wellmann , T. , Govindswamy , K. , and Eisele , G. Driveline Boom Interior Noise Prediction Based on Multi Body Simulation[R] SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1556 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1556
- Kang , Y. , Shen , Y. , Zhang , W. , and Yang , J. Stability Region of Floating Intermediate Support in a Shaft System with Multiple Universal Joints[J] Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 28 7 2014
- Wellmann , T. , Govindswamy , K. , Braun , E. et al. Aspects of Driveline Integration for Optimized Vehicle NVH Characteristics[R] SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2246 2007 10.4271/2007-01-2246
- Kartik , V. , and Houser , D.R. An Investigation of Shaft Dynamic Effects on Gear Vibration and Noise Excitations[J] SAE Transactions 1737 1745 2003
- Jinli , X. , Xingyi , S. , Bo , P. , and Li , W.L. Numerical Analysis and Demonstration: Transmission Shaft Influence on Meshing Vibration in Driving and Driven Gears[J] Shock and Vibration 2015 2015
- LI , M. HU , Y. Dynamic Analysis of a Spiral Bevel-Geared Rotor-Bearing System[J] Journal of Sound and Vibration 2003 259 3