This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Anti-Rollover of the Counterbalanced Forklift Truck Based on Zero-Moment Point
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
The counterbalanced forklift truck in the high-speed emergency steers and other extreme conditions, the single side of forklift is off the ground, which will cause a rollover, and the larger safety accidents are likely to occur and even endanger the safety of drivers. Aiming at the problem of judging the safety domain in the process of forklift driving, this paper proposes a strategy for dividing the forklift’s driving state on the basis of the zero-moment point. The relationship between the zero-moment point’s lateral component and the forklift’s support plane is used as the basis for division. The forklift rollover process is divided into a safe stage, a controllable danger stage, and a critical rollover stage. In the safe stage, the cylinder does not provide support force, and in the controllable danger stage, the cylinder support force is adjusted on the basis of the model predictive control algorithm to adjust the forklift. The cylinder can be controlled to provide maximum support for the body during the critical rollover phase. This method takes the three-degrees-of-freedom forklift anti-rollover model as the control object and serves as the basis for the calculation of the zero-moment point. The anti-rollover controller is built in MATLAB/Simulink to simulate the European standard operating conditions. Results show that the predictive control of the forklift anti-rollover model based on the zero-moment point can effectively improve the body attitude of the forklift during high-speed steering and prevent the forklift from rolling over.
CitationXia, G., Li, J., Tang, X., Zhang, Y. et al., "Anti-Rollover of the Counterbalanced Forklift Truck Based on Zero-Moment Point," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0318, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0318.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Kim , J.B. , Shin , W. , and Park , J.H. Stability Analysis of Counterbalanced Forklift Trucks Journal of the Korean Society of Safety 30 2 1 8 2015 https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.2.1
- Milanowicz , M. , Budziszewski , P. , and Kedzior , K. Numerical Analysis of Passive Safety Systems in Forklift Trucks Safety Science 101 98 107 2018 10.1016/j.ssci.2017.07.006
- Male , G.E. Safety of Industrial Lift Trucks: A Survey of Investigated Accidents and Incidents (April 1997 to March 2001) Health and Safety Executive HSE, Specialist Inspector Reports. 60 2003
- Zhang , D. Considerations on the Stability of Counterbalanced Forklifts Equipment Maintenance Technology 3 178 180 2019
- Rinchi , M. , Pugi , L. , and Bartolini , F. Design of Control System to Prevent Forklift Capsize International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modelling and Testing 5 1 35 58 2010 10.1504/ijvsmt.2010.033730
- Zhang , Z.L. , and Xiao , B.X. The Influence of Cargo Moving and Sliding Mode Control Strategy for Forklift IEEE Access 8 16637 16646 2020 10.1109/access.2020.2968372
- Ping , T. , Jin , X. , Wu , H.
- Tao , P. , Jin , X. , Wu , H. , and Wu , K. Research on Control Strategy of the Side Forklift Steering Movement Stability and Its Simulation Analysis 2018 5th International Conference on Information Science and Control Engineering (ICISCE) 10.1109/icisce.2018.00193
- Felez , J. , and Bermejo , A. Design of a Counterbalance Forklift Based on a Predictive Anti-tip-over Controller Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering 25 3 273 288 2018 10.3233/ica-180572
- Babu , N. , Sujatha , S. , Narayanan , S. et al. New Approach for Prediction of Influence of Vehicle Dynamics Parameters on Instability of Unmanned Track Vehicle Using Robotic Approach Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 32 3 1357 1365 2018 10.1007/s12206-018-0239-0
- Kang , J.I. , Choi , H.S. , Vu , M.T. , et al. Experimental Study of Dynamic Stability of Underwater Vehicle-Manipulator System Using Zero Moment Point Journal of Marine Science and Technology-Taiwan 25 6 767 774 2017 10.6119/jmst-017-1226-18
- Lapapong , S. , Brown , A.A. , Swanson , K.S. et al. Zero-Moment Point Determination of Worst-Case Manoeuvres Leading to Vehicle Wheel Lift Vehicle System Dynamics 50 191 214 2012 10.1080/00423114.2012.676652
- Lin , F. , Wang , S.B. , Zhao , Y.Q. et al. Research on Autonomous Vehicle Path Tracking Control Considering Roll Stability Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part D-Journal of Automobile Engineering 12 2015 10.1177/0954407020942006
- Liu , K. , Gong , J.W. , Chen , S.P. et al. Model Predictive Stabilization Control of High-Speed Autonomous Ground Vehicles Considering the Effect of Road Topography Applied Sciences-Basel 8 5 16 2018 10.3390/app8050822
- Stankiewicz , P.G. , Brown , A.A. , and Brennan , S.N. Preview Horizon Analysis for Vehicle Rollover Prevention Using the Zero-Moment Point Journal of Dynamic Systems Measurement and Control-Transactions of the Asme 137 9 12 2015 10.1115/1.4030390
- Yin , G.D. , Chen , Q. , Qadeer , A. , et al. Yaw Stability of Four-wheel-drive Electric Vehicle based on Multi-Model Predictive Control Zhao , Q. and Liu , S. 2015 34th Chinese Control Conference 8159 8164 New York IEEE
- Yu , J.X. , Pei , X.F. , Guo , X.X. et al. Path Tracking Framework Synthesizing Robust Model Predictive Control and Stability Control for Autonomous Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part D-Journal of Automobile Engineering 234 9 2330 2341 2020 10.1177/0954407020914666
- Lemerle , P. , Hoeppner , O. , and Rebelle , J. Dynamic Stability of Forklift Trucks in Cornering Situations: Parametrical Analysis Using a Driving Simulator Vehicle System Dynamics 49 10 1673 1693 2011 10.1080/00423114.2010.532557.
- Sardain , P. , Bessonnet , G. Forces Acting on a Biped Robot. Center of Pressure-Zero Moment Point IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics Part A 34 5 0 637 2004 10.1109/tsmca.2004.832811