This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Circuit for driving common rail diesel injectors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 26, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The injector driving strategy influences both the performance and the emission produced by internal combustion engines. The injector driving strategy is the intellectual property of the automotive industry; its disclosure is restricted to the automaker and the injection system supplier. The objective of this paper is to present a drive circuit for common rail diesel injectors. The circuit design is based on transient simulations using an equivalent virtual circuit, to be used on a test bench for injection strategies. The simulated electric current curve has been compared with experimental measurement under the same conditions in the projected circuit, the errors has remained at approximately 6%.
- Bruno Eustáquio Pires Ferreira - Engines, Emissions and Fuels Research Center - Pontifical Ca
- Vinícius Guerra Moreira - Engines, Emissions and Fuels Research Center - Pontifical Ca
- Alex de Oliveira - Engines, Emissions and Fuels Research Center - Pontifical Ca
- Marco Aurélio Mendes Justino - Engines, Emissions and Fuels Research Center - Pontifical Ca
- Osmano Souza Valente - Engines, Emissions and Fuels Research Center - Pontifical Ca
- Sérgio de Morais Hanriot - Engines, Emissions and Fuels Research Center - Pontifical Ca
CitationPires Ferreira, B., Moreira, V., de Oliveira, A., Justino, M. et al., "Circuit for driving common rail diesel injectors," SAE Technical Paper 2020-36-0254, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-36-0254.
Data Sets - Support Documents
- Pogulyaev Y.D. , Baitimerov R.M. , and Rozhdestvenskii Y. V. Detailed dynamic modeling of Common Rail piezo injector, Procedia Eng. 93 98 2015 10.1016/j.proeng.2015.12.014
- Ferrari A. , Mittica A. , Paolicelli F. , and Pizzo P. Hydraulic Characterization of Solenoid-actuated Injectors for Diesel Engine Common Rail Systems, Energy Procedia 878 885 2016 10.1016/j.egypro.2016.11.111
- Ferrari A. and Paolicelli F. An indirect method for the real-time evaluation of the fuel mass injected in small injections in Common Rail diesel engines, Fuel 191 322 329 2017 10.1016/j.fuel.2016.11.053
- Amirante R. , Coratella C. , Distaso E. , Rossini G. , and Tamburrano P. OPTICAL DEVICE FOR MEASURING THE INJECTORS OPENING IN COMMON RAIL SYSTEMS, Int. J. Automot. Technol. 729 742 2017 10.1007/s12239-017-0072-y
- Pietras D. , Knefel T. , and Satława M. The experimental determination of the relationship between the energising time of the common rail injector and the set fuel quantity and rail pressure, 33 1 6 2017
- d’Ambrosio S. and Ferrari A. Diesel engines equipped with piezoelectric and solenoid injectors: hydraulic performance of the injectors and comparison of the emissions, noise and fuel consumption, Appl. Energy 211 October 2017 1324 1342 2018 10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.11.065
- Cheng Q. , Zhang Z.D. , Guo H. , and Xie N.L. Simulation and analysis on electro-magneticthermal coupling of solenoid GDI injector, Int. J. Appl. Electromagn. Mech. 46 4 775 792 2014 10.3233/JAE-141973
- Wang L. , Li G.X. , Xu C.L. , Xi X. , Wu X.J. , and Sun S.P. Effect of characteristic parameters on the magnetic properties of solenoid valve for high-pressure common rail diesel engine, Energy Convers. Manag. 127 656 666 2016 10.1016/j.enconman.2016.09.057
- Li J.H. , Liu D.W. , Shi G.W. , Ding L.S. , and Zhong G.Y. Design and Simulation of Solenoid Valve Driving Circuit Module for High Pressure Common Rail Diesel Injector, Appl. Mech. Mater. 602 605 2645 2648 2014 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.602-605.2645