This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance of a Vehicle on Crawles on Irregular Land With Suspensions Equipped With Magnetorreological Shock Absorbers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 26, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The suspension system of a vehicle has the main objective of dampening the transmission of irregularities in the terrain to the chassis. This is necessary to preserve the vehicle's internal components and to ensure greater comfort for the occupants of the car. For that, several studies were carried out in the area, proposing modifications in the passive and active suspensions, resulting in a greater dynamic stability of the vehicle. In military vehicles, the importance of these studies grows as they have larger dimensions and a greater mass, making damping more difficult. Analyzing this damping will be the basis for analyzing of this paper. Whose main analysis tool will be the improvement in performance by replacing the traditional passive suspension by a magnetorhelogic active suspension. For this, a MATLAB / Simulink model will be used by means of a block diagram.
Citationde Miranda, M. and Costa Neto, R., "Performance of a Vehicle on Crawles on Irregular Land With Suspensions Equipped With Magnetorreological Shock Absorbers," SAE Technical Paper 2020-36-0145, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-36-0145.
Data Sets - Support Documents
- CAVALHEIRO J. V. S. ; AVILA S.M Estudo paramétrico de sistemas de suspensão veicular passiva VI Congresso Nacional de Engenharia Mecânica, Campina Grande Paraíba, Brasil, ABCM 1 1 10
- NETO R.T. COSTA Modelagem & Integração dos Mecanismos de Suspensão & Direção de Veículos Terrestres Através do Fluxo de Potência Tese de Doutorado PUC-Rio 2008
- DANTAS C. , GABRIEL F. , da COSTA R. NETO , Influence of the distances between the axles in the vertical dynamics of a military vehicle equipped with magnetorheological dampers SAE Technical Paper 2018-36-0232 2018
- GILLESPIE T.D. Fundamentals Of Vehicle Dynamics 1992
- HANAFI D. Pid controller design for semi-active car suspension based on model from intelligent system identification IEEE. Computer Engineering and Applications (ICCEA 2010 Second International Conference 2010 2 60 63
- HAUG E.J. Computer Aided Kinematcis and Dynamics Of Mechanical Systems 1 1989
- JAZAR R.N. Vehicle Dynamics – Theory and Apllication 2nd ed. Springer 2014
- KWOK N. et al. A novel hysteretic model for magnetorheological fluid dampers and parameter identification using particle swarm optimization Sensors and Actuators A: Physical Elsevier 132 2 441 451 2006
- LINDLER J.E. , CHOI Y. , WERELEY N.M. Double adjustable shock absorbers utilizing electrorheological and magnetorheological fluids Int. J. of Vehicle Design 33 1–3 2003
- LUM A.H. , LIAO W. Semi-active control automotive suspension systems with magneto-rheological dampers Int. J. of Vehicle Design 33 1–3 2003
- MATLAB M.The language of technical computing The MathWorks, Inc 2012 http://www.mathworks.com
- RAKHEJA S. AFONSO M.F.R. SANKAR S. Dynamic analysis of tracked vehicles with trailing arm suspension and assessment of ride vibrations International Journal of Vehicle Design 13 1 1992
- RAO S. Vibrações Mecânicas 4th ed 2009
- SANTOS I. F. Dinâmica de sistemas mecânicos: modelagem, simulação visualização, verificação Makron Books 2001
- TSAMPARDOUKAS G. , STAMMERS C.W. , GUGLIELMINO E. Hybrid balance control of a magnetorheological truck suspension Journal of Sound and Vibration 317 2008 514 536
- WONG J.Y. Theory Of Ground Vehicles Wiley 4ed 2008