This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CFD Simulation of a Lithium-Ion Battery Cooling System for Electricvehicles Using a Phase-Change Material and Heat Pipes
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
In order to ensure the safety and improve the performance, the maximum operating temperature and local temperature difference of batteries must be maintained in an appropriate range. The effect of temperature on the capacity fade and aging are simply investigated. Lithium-ion power battery has gotten one of the principle power hotspots for electric vehicles and mixture electric vehicles due to prevalent execution contrasted and other force sources. In this paper, the displaying in CREO parametric programming and examination done in ANSYS. The model planned with various sort of warmth pipe shapes and breaks down the warmth pipe with various mass stream gulfs (30& 50L/min). In this paper CFD examination to decide the weight, speed, heat move coefficient, mass stream rate and warmth move rate for the various structures of warmth pipe and diverse mass stream bays. In this theory the warm investigation to decide the temperature appropriation and warmth transition for two sorts of stage change materials (RT50 and Li Fe PO4). The consequences of the CFD investigation think about the warmth move pace of the three various types of the cooling framework structure Such as straight sort, box type and curve type heat pipes. By watching the CFD investigation results, the mass stream rate, heat move rate, heat move coefficient esteems are expanded by expanding the mass stream bays and warmth move rate more at box type heat pipes. By watching the warm examination results, the warmth transition esteem is more for lithium particle phosphate stage change material than RT50 stage change material at box type heat pipes.
CitationEllappan, S., Teja, p., K, V., and Rajendran, S., "CFD Simulation of a Lithium-Ion Battery Cooling System for Electricvehicles Using a Phase-Change Material and Heat Pipes," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0520, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Wagner , R. Valve Managed Lead-Corrosive Batteries for Broadcast Communications and UPS Applications Rand , D.J. Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid Batteries Oxford, UK Elsevier B.V. 2004 435 465
- Percy , K.E. Ausnet Testing New Battery System to Curb Power Outages in Summer Energies 8 10172 2015 http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-07/ausnet-trialing-new
- Pesaran , A.A. Battery Warm Models for Cross Breed Vehicle Recreations J. Force Sci. 110 377 382 2002
- Rothgang , S. , Rogge , M. , Becker , J. , and Sauer , D.U. Battery Structure for Fruitful Charge in Broad Daylight Transport Energies 8 6715 6737 2015
- Shabani , B. , and Andrews , J. Independent Sun Based Hydrogen Frameworks Fueling Fire Possibility Systems Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 40 5509 5517 2015
- Pesaran , A. , Vlahinos , A. , and Stuart , T. Cooling and Preheating of Batteries in Hybrid Electric Vehicles Colorado, CO National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) 2003
- Ji , Y. , and Wang , Y. Warming Procedures for Li-Particle Batteries Worked from Below Zero Temperatures Electrochim. Acta 107 664 674 2013
- Szente-Varga , D. , Horvath , G. , and Rencz , M. Warm Portrayal and Demonstrating of Lithium-Based Batteries at Low Encompassing Temperature Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Workshop on Thermal Investigation of ICs and Systems, 2008 (THERMINIC 2008) Rome, Italy 2008