This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effect of Cobalt Chromite on the Investigation of Traditional CI Engine Powered with Raw Citronella Fuel for the Future Sustainable Renewable Source
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
The rapid deficiency of fossil fuel resources encourages the research community to discover the sustainable alternate fuel, in order to overcome the fuel cost and also meet the stringent emission norms. In this connection, the current investigation explores the influence of cobalt chromate with significant potential of citronella biofuel for CI engine applications. In present investigation, the synthesized cobalt chromate nano additive blended with citronella biofuel with the help of magnetic stirrer for a period of 15 to 20 minutes on a volume basis. In this experimentation, various blend contractions are prepared as follows as 50ppm, 100ppm, and 150ppm to run the engine. The outcome results explore that the 100ppm cobalt chromate dispersion in biofuel has a significant increase in brake thermal efficiency as 2.9% than raw citronella biofuel. The engine run at full load condition, when compared to citronella biofuel the establishment of output emission is decreased marginally as 26% for HC and 9% for smoke opacity. However, the presence of nano additives in biofuel emitting the traceable amount of oxides of nitrogen, towards the exhaust gas at part load to full load conditions, corresponding to the reaction rate of nano additive.
CitationKrishnamoorthy, R., K, A., Balasubramanian, D., Murugesan, P. et al., "Effect of Cobalt Chromite on the Investigation of Traditional CI Engine Powered with Raw Citronella Fuel for the Future Sustainable Renewable Source," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0445, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-28-0445.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Subramani, L., Parthasarathy, M., Balasubramanian, D., and Ramalingam, K.M. , “Novel Garcinia Gummi-Gutta Methyl Ester (GGME) as a Potential Alternative Feedstock for Existing Unmodified DI Diesel Engine,” Renew Energ 125:568-577, 2018.
- Vigneswaran, R., Annamalai, K., Dhinesh, B., and Krishnamoorthy, R. , “Experimental Investigation of Unmodified Diesel Engine Performance, Combustion and Emission with Multipurpose Additive along with Water-in-Diesel Emulsion Fuel,” Energ Convers Manage 172:370-380, 2018.
- Dhinesh, B., Maria Ambrose Raj, Y., Kalaiselvan, C., and KrishnaMoorthy, R. , “A Numerical and Experimental Assessment of a Coated Diesel Engine Powered by High-Performance Nano Biofuel,” Energ Convers Manage 171:815-824, 2018.
- Ramalingam, K.M., Kandasamy, A., Subramani, L., Balasubramanian, D. et al. , “An Assessment of Combustion, Performance Characteristics and Emission Control Strategy by Adding Anti-Oxidant Additive in Emulsified Fuel,” Atmos Pollut Res 9(5):959-967, 2018.
- Ramalingam, K.M., Lalvani, J.I.J.R., Dhinesh, B., Parthasarathy, M. et al. , “Production of Garcinia Gummi-Gutta Methyl Ester (GGME) as a Potential Alternative Feedstock for Existing Unmodified DI Diesel Engine: Combustion, Performance, and Emission Characteristics,” J Test Eval 46(6):2661-2678, 2018.
- Venkatesan, E.P., Kandhasamy, A., Sivalingam, A., Kumar, A.S. et al. , “Performance and Emission Reduction Characteristics of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticle-Water Emulsion Biofuel in Diesel Engine with Modified Coated Piston,” Environ Sci Pollut R 26(26):27362-27371, 2019.
- Ashok, B., Thundil Karuppa Raj, R., Nanthagopal, K., Krishnan, R. et al. , “Lemon Peel Oil - A Novel Renewable Alternative Energy Source for Diesel Engine,” Energ Convers Manage 139:110-121, 2017.
- Ramalingam, K., Kandasamy, A., and Joshua Stephen Chellakumar, P.J.T. , “Production of Eco-Friendly Fuel with the Help of Steam Distillation from New Plant Source and the Investigation of Its Influence of Fuel Injection Strategy in Diesel Engine,” Environ Sci Pollut R 26(15):15467-15480, 2019.
- Ramalingam, K., Kandasamy, A., Balasubramanian, D., Palani, M. et al. , “Forcasting of an ANN Model for Predicting Behaviour of Diesel Engine Energised by a Combination of Two Low Viscous Biofuels,” Environ Sci Pollut R 1-21, 2019.
- Vallinayagam, R., Vedharaj, S., Yang, W.M., Lee, P.S. et al. , “Pine Oil-Biodiesel Blends: A Double Biofuel Strategy to Completely Eliminate the Use of Diesel in a Diesel Engine,” Appl Energ 130:466-473, 2014.
- Balan, K.N., Yashvath, U., and Prakash, N. , “Nano-Additive for Reducing Emission in Honge Biodiesel-Fuelled Diesel Engine,” Int J Energ 1-15, 2019, doi:10.1080/01430750.2019.1621203.
- Ramakrishnan, G., Krishnan, P., Rathinam, S., and Devarajan, Y. , “Role of Nano-Additive Blended Biodiesel on Emission Characteristics of the Research Diesel Engine,” Int J Green Energ 16(6):435-441, 2019.
- Devarajan, Y., Munuswamy, D.B., and Mahalingam, A. , “Investigation on Behavior of Diesel Engine Performance, Emission, and Combustion Characteristics Using Nano-Additive in Neat Biodiesel,” Heat Mass Transfer 55(6):1641-1650, 2019.
- Tamilvanan, A., Balamurugan, K., and Vijayakumar, M. , “Effects of Nano-Copper Additive on Performance, Combustion and Emission Characteristics of Calophyllum inophyllum Biodiesel in CI Engine,” J Therm Anal Calorim 136(1):317-330, 2019.
- Tamil Selvam, N., and Devaraj, A. , “Emission Study on MgO2 Nano-Additive Doped Biodiesel on Immobile Diesel Engine,” Int J Energ 1-5, 2019, doi:10.1080/01430750.2019.1611654.
- Khond, V.W., and Kriplani, V.M. , “Experimental Investigation and Modeling of the Evaporation Rate of Carbon Nanotube Blended Emulsified Neem Biodiesel,” Biofuels 10(4):485-491, 2019.
- Balasubramanian, D., Papla Venugopal, I., and Viswanathan, K. , “Characteristics Investigation on Di Diesel Engine with Nano-Particles as an Additive in Lemon Grass Oil,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0081, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0081.
- Annamalai, M., Dhinesh, B., Nanthagopal, K., SivaramaKrishnan, P. et al. , “An Assessment on Performance, Combustion and Emission Behavior of a Diesel Engine Powered by Ceria Nanoparticle Blended Emulsified Biofuel,” Energy Conversion and Management 123:372-380, 2016.