This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Effects of Vibration on Condenser Design Simulated Using FE Modeling and Validated Thru’ Vibration Endurance Test and Strain Measurement Test
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Vibration has many undesirable and harmful effects on life and performance of mechanical equipment and other structures. The effects of vibration are due to dynamic interaction between vehicles and road, vibration transmitted from machinery to its supporting structures, thereby interfering with their performance, damage as well as malfunction and failure due to dynamic loading, fatigue failure and oscillation of transmission lines. In this paper the authors studied the condenser’s connector used in automotive application under dynamic load using numerical and experimental methods. The authors used finite element modeling technology using Altair Products for numerical modal analysis and verified the same with shaker testing. Authors also carried out the numerical stress analysis using same FEA software and compared the stress values with experimental stain gauge measurements. The authors found that the FEA method agreeing with experimental modal analysis within 10% accuracy. Based on the study they improved the condenser design. For references, authors are also studied and included sufficient number of references.
CitationMeena, A., Parayil, P., and SEN, S., "The Effects of Vibration on Condenser Design Simulated Using FE Modeling and Validated Thru’ Vibration Endurance Test and Strain Measurement Test," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0380, 2020.
- Ashish, R. , “Modal Analysis of Single Rectangular Cantilever Plate by Mathematically, FEA and Experimental,” Journal of Mechanical Vibration in IRJET 04(08), ISSN:2395-0056.
- Oza, N.V., Patel, R.I., and Pathan, S.S., Methodology for Estimation of Modal Parameters Using Experimental Modal Analysis in Light of Curve Fitting Technique, ISBN:978-81-909376-3-4.
- Tutak, P. , “Application of Strain Gauges in Measurements of Strain Distribution in Complex Objects,” Journal from Research-Gate, https://doi.org/10.1515/jacsm-2015-0004.
- Scigliano, R., Scionti, M., and Lardeur, P., “Verification, Validation and Variability for the Vibration Study of a Car Windscreen Modeled by the Finite Elements,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 47:17-29, 2010.
- Rao , “Experimental Modal Analysis (EMA) Means for the Extraction of Modal Parameters (Frequencies, Damping Ratios, and Mode Shapes) from Measurements of Dynamic Responses,” in Mechanical Vibrations, Fourth Edition(2004).
- A Subros Benchmark Data.
- JIS D-1601 Testing Standards.
- Technical Papers from Research Gate.
- Technical Documents for Strain Gauges from KYOWA.