This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Path Planning Method Based on Hybrid A-Star and RS Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 30, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: 3rd International Forum on Connected Automated Vehicle Highway System through the China Highway & Transportation Society
How to generate a reasonable path for automatic parking assist has been extensively studied. However, it is still a huge challenge to design a path planner that can handle tight space environments for all common parking scenarios. The things need to be considered in the process of path planning algorithm design, including generate a path quickly and low computational costs and collision-free path, make the problem even more difficult to be solved. In this paper, a path planning algorithm based on hybrid A-star and RS algorithm is proposed. The algorithm introduces the concept of guiding points which we can directly generate collision-free path through the RS algorithm, and the guiding point are calculated offline using hybrid A-star algorithm for various working scenarios. And the algorithm was tested and validated by the simulation and vehicle test in two common parking scenarios. As illustrated by the simulation and vehicle test results, the proposed path planning algorithm is improved significantly and can be used in common parking scenarios.
CitationLi, C., Du, J., Liu, B., and Li, J., "A Path Planning Method Based on Hybrid A-Star and RS Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5177, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5177.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Jacobs , P. , Laumond , J.P. , and Taix , M. Efficient Motion Planners for Nonholonomic Mobile Robots Proc. of IEEE/RJS Int. Work. on Intelligent Robots and Systems Osaka, Japan Nov. 1991
- Laumond , J.P. , Jacobs , P.E. , Taix , M. , and Murray , R.M. A Motion Planner for Nonholonomic Mobile Robots IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation 5 10 1994
- Kwon , H.K. and Chung , W.J. Comparisonal Analysis of Path Planning Methods for Automatic Parking Control of a Car-Like Mobile Robot Journal of Institute of Control Robotics and Systems 18 3 267 274 2012
- Montemerlo , M. , Becker , J. , Bhat , S. et al. Junior: The Stanford Entry in the Urban Challenge Journal of Field Robotics 25 9 569 597 2008
- Sedighi , S. , Nguyen , D.V. , and Kuhnert , K.D. Guided Hybrid A-Star Path Planning Algorithm for Valet Parking Applications 2019 5th International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR) 2019
- Reeds , J.A. and Shepp , L.A. Optimal Path for a Car That Goes Both Forwards and Backwards Pacific Journal of Mathematics 145 2 1990
- Soueres , P. , Fourquet , J. , and Laumond , J. Set of Reachable Positions for a Car IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control 39 8 1626 1630 1994
- Reeds , J.A. and Shepp , L.A. Optimal Paths for a Car That Goes Both Forwards and Backwards Pacific Journal of Mathematics 145 2 367 393 1990
- LaValle , S.M. Planning Algorithms Cambridge, UK Cambridge University Press 2006 http://planning.cs.uiuc.edu/
- Hart , P. , Nilsson , N. , and Raphael , B. A Formal Basis for the Heuristic Determination of Minimum Cost Paths IEEE Transactions on Systems Science and Cybernetics 4 2 100 107 1968