This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Economy Performance Simulation and Test Validation of a Sample Vehicle with Two-Speed Dedicated Electric Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
To be published on December 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Multi-speed transmissions can improve power and economy performance of battery electric vehicles (BEVs), thus becoming an inevitable trend in automotive industry. A two-speed dedicated electric transmission (2DET), which can realize switching of two gear ratios through two wet clutches, is explained firstly. Secondly, 2DET is developed and a prototype is assembled in a BEV of Beijing Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd. (BJEV). Thirdly, the differences of new European driving cycle (NEDC) and China light duty vehicle test cycle passenger (CLTC-P) are compared. Fourthly, the parameters of battery cell are tested and a simulation model of the whole vehicle with 2DET is built. Finally, vehicle economy performance under NEDC and CLTC-P is simulated, and the results are validated in bench tests. Comparison shows that the economy simulation results match the test results, and the vehicle economy under CLTC-P is better than NEDC, with an increase of 1.16%.
CitationZhao, Q., Xin, Y., Ma, Y., and Yang, L., "Economy Performance Simulation and Test Validation of a Sample Vehicle with Two-Speed Dedicated Electric Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5126, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
- “Notice of the State Council on Printing and Distributing Made in China 2025,” http://www.gov.cn/zhengce/content/2015-05/19/content_9784.htm, accessed May 19, 2015.
- Sorniotti, A., Holdstock, T., Pilone, G.L. et al. , “Analysis and Simulation of the Gearshift Methodology for a Novel Two-Speed Transmission System for Electric Powertrains with a Central Motor,” Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. Part D J. Automob. Eng. 226(7):915-929, 2012.
- Xu, X.Y., Chen, Z.F., Liu, Y.J. et al. , “Enumerative Optimization Procedure for the Gear Train Optimization Problem of a Two-Speed Dedicated Electric Transmission,” Energies 10:1362, 2017.
- Xu, X.Y., Sun, W.B., Cai, T.Y. et al. , “Design of a Hydraulic Control Unit for a Two-Speed Dedicated Electric Vehicle Transmission,” Automotive Innovation 1:300-310, 2018.
- GB/T 38146.1-2019, “China Automotive Test Cycle—Part 1: Light-Duty Vehicles.”
- GB/T 38146.2-2019, “China Automotive Test Cycle—Part 2: Heavy-Duty Commercial Vehicles.”
- GB/T 18386-2017, “Electric Vehicles-Energy Consumption and Range-Test Procedures.”