This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Experimental Study on the Thermal Load of the Passenger Compartment
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The determination of the thermal load of the passenger compartment is the premise and key of the air conditioning system design. There is a difference between the vehicle thermal load obtained from the conventional theoretical calculation and simulation analysis and the actual thermal load, and the difference is not easy to quantify. The experimental research is based on the steady-state research under the state of heat balance, which cannot meet the development demand for the prediction of vehicle cooling performance. In this paper, the method of one-dimensional simulation and three-dimensional CFD analysis is used to analyze the transient change of the temperature in the passenger compartment, and the thermal load model of an SUV is calibrated through a real vehicle test. The results show that the temperature distribution in the passenger compartment calculated by simulation is consistent with the trend of the test, and the error is within 10%, which meets the needs of engineering development. It is feasible to obtain the thermal load of the passenger compartment by the method of one-dimensional and three-dimensional combined simulation and test, which can provide reference for the forward design of air conditioning system components.
CitationXu, J., Xu, X., and Mu, L., "Simulation and Experimental Study on the Thermal Load of the Passenger Compartment," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5120, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5120.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Wu, Q., and Xi’an, D. , “Simplified Calculation of Air Conditioning Cooling Capacity Of Mini-Car,” Equipment Manufacturing Technology 4:72-75, 2006.
- Shuang, W. , “Contrast and Analysis on the Calculation Method of Air Conditioning Load in Automobile,” Refrigeration and Air Conditioning 12:20-23, 2002.
- Li, K., and Ying, Y. , “Calculation of Air Conditioning Cooling Load of Minicar,” Journal of Chongqing University (NATURAL SCIENCE EDITION) (8):65-68, 2002.
- Pathuri, R., Patil, Y., and Nagarhalli, P.V. , “Deployment of 1D Simulation with Multi Air Zone Cabin Model for Air Conditioning System Development for Passenger Car,” SAE Technical Paper 2015-26-0234 , 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-26-0234.
- Zhang, Z., and Li, W. , “Research on Winter Load Characteristics of Electric Vehicles,” Journal of Refrigeration 10:39-43, 2016.
- Yang, S., and Tao, W. , Heat Transfer (Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2006).
- KULI , “Software Tool for Vehicle Heat Management Optimization,” MAGNA POWERTRAIN - Engineering Center Steyr GmbH & Co KG, Austria.