This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Temperature Compensation Control Strategy of Assist Mode for Hydraulic Hub-Motor Drive Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 21, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: Automotive Technical Papers
Based on the traditional heavy commercial vehicle, hydraulic hub-motor drive vehicle (HHMDV) is equipped with a hydraulic hub-motor auxiliary drive system, which makes the vehicle change from the rear-wheel drive to the four-wheel drive to improve the traction performance on low-adhesion road. In the typical operating mode of the vehicle, the leakage of the hydraulic system increases because of the oil temperature rising, this makes the control precision of the hydraulic system drop. Therefore, a temperature compensation control strategy for the assist mode is proposed in this paper. According to the principle of flow continuity, considering the loss of the system and the expected wheel speed, the control strategy of multifactor target pump displacement based on temperature compensation is derived. The control strategy is verified by the co-simulation platform of MATLAB/Simulink and AMESim. The simulation results show that the temperature compensation control strategy compensates the flow loss of the hydraulic system, ensures the power output, and meets the requirement of the actual expected wheel speed. At the same time, the maximum grades of the vehicle under temperature compensation control strategy are all improved at different initial temperatures, and the maximum promotion ratio reaches 14.5%. The study in this paper improves the traction performance and promotes the environmental adaptability of HHMDV.
CitationSong, D., Liang, W., Li, L., Zeng, X. et al., "Temperature Compensation Control Strategy of Assist Mode for Hydraulic Hub-Motor Drive Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5046, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5046.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Zhigen, N., Wang, W., Changfu, Z., and Wang, C. , “Stability Control Strategy for Articulated Heavy Vehicles Based on Linear Simplified Model with Real-Time Parameters,” China Journal of Highways and Transport 31(01):128-136, 2018.
- Yang, Z. , “Heavy Truck Market and Product Analysis,” Automobile & Parts Technology 4:25-27, 2014.
- Zeng, X., Li, G., Song, D., Li, S. et al. , “Auxiliary Drive Control Strategy of Hydraulic Hub-Motor Auxiliary System for Heavy Truck,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8133, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-8113.
- Xiaohua, Z., Guanghan, L., Dafeng, S., Sheng, L., and Gaozhi, L. , “Control and Simulation of Auxiliary Drive and Regenerative Brake of Hydraulic Hub-Motor Hybrid System,” Journal of Hunan University (Natural Sciences) 44(10):9-16, 2017.
- Tao, F. , “Study on Multimode Dynamic-Coordinated Control Strategy of Hydraulic Hub-motor Auxiliary Hybrid Heavy Truck,” Master thesis, Jilin University, 2017.
- Wenyuan, L. , “Research on Hierarchical Coordinated Control Strategy for Hub-motor Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle,” Master thesis, Jilin University, 2018.
- Guanghan, L. , “Research on Multimode Energy Management and Dynamic Coordination Control for Hydraulic Hub-Motor Hybrid System,” Ph.D. thesis, Jilin University, 2019.
- Jinhua, Z. , “Research on the Hydrostatic Auxiliary Drive of Front Axle for Mining Trucks,” Master thesis, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2016.
- Xiaohua, Z., Yuande, J., Gaozhi, L., Dafeng, S., and He, H. , “Feedforward + Feedback Control for Hydraulic Assistance Drive System of Heavy Truck,” Journal of South China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition) 44(9):116-122, 2016.
- Zeng, X., Li, G., Yin, G., Li, S., and Yang, N. , “Model Predictive Control-based Dynamic Coordinate Strategy for Hydraulic Hub-motor Auxiliary System of a Heavy Commercial Vehicle,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 101:97-120, 2018.
- Zhaojian, X. , “Influence Factors and Control Methods of High Oil Temperature in Commercial Vehicle Hydraulic Power Steering,” Equipment Manufacturing Technology (09):84-85+89, 2018.
- Xiquan, L. , “Analysis of Excessive Oil Temperature in Hydraulic System of Engineering Machinery,” Heilongjiang Science and Technology Information 25:26, 2016.
- Inaguma, Y. , “Oil Temperature Influence on Friction Torque Characteristics in Hydraulic Pumps,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 226(9):2267-2280, 2012.
- Inaguma, Y. and Yoshida, N. , “Mathematical Analysis of Influence of Oil Temperature on Efficiencies in Hydraulic Pumps for Automatic Transmissions,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 6(2):786-797, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0820.
- Lixin, L. , “Research on Thermal Hydraulic Model and Control Strategy of Hydraulic Hub-motor Drive System for Heavy Vehicle,” Master thesis, Jilin University, 2019.
- Hui, H. , “Study on Modeling and Control Strategy of Hydraulic In-wheel Motor Drive System for Heavy Truck,” Master thesis, Jilin University, 2014.
- Mingxia, H., Gao, P., and Jing, Y. , “Research on Volumetric Efficiency of Chassis Drive System of Engineering Vehicles,” Science and Technology Forum 12:169-170, 2013.
- Ivanovic, L., Stojanovic, B., Blagojevic, J., Bogdanovic, G., and Marinkovic, A. , “Analysis of the Flow Rate and the Volumetric Efficiency of the Trochoidal Pump by Application of Taguchi Method,” Tehnicki vjesnik 24:265-270, 2017.