This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Real-Time Obstacle-Avoidance Trajectory Planner for On-Road Autonomous Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
A real-time obstacle-avoidance trajectory planner for on-road autonomous vehicle is proposed in this paper. A cubic B spline core is parametric to generate path with continuous curvature as well as taking the extreme curvature limited by steer system into account. By sampling the target sets via offsetting along the reference path, lots path sets are produced with same heading. As embedded with collision checker and path evaluator, a path selector could pick out the best one to planning speed profile for coupling trajectory to track. Finally, according to the change of path curvature, the speed profile scheduler addresses the conflict of curvature and deceleration. Referencing to the ISO3888-2:2011, a collision avoidance scenario was design to validate the planner. The test results of ten cycles test illustrate that the planner has high enough real-time performance as mean plan time less than 100ms with success rate about 100%.
- Li Yishan - School of Automotive Studies, Tongji University, China; Clea
- Xiong Lu - School of Automotive Studies, Tongji University, China; Clea
- Zeng Dequan - School of Automotive Studies, Wuhan Women and Children Medic
- Xu Puhang - School of Automotive Studies, Tongji University, China; Clea
- Li Zhuoren - School of Automotive Studies, Tongji University, China; Clea
CitationYishan, L., Lu, X., Dequan, Z., Puhang, X. et al., "A Real-Time Obstacle-Avoidance Trajectory Planner for On-Road Autonomous Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5018, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Paden, B., Ros, G., Codevilla, F., Lopez, A. et al. , “A Survey of Motion Planning and Control Techniques for Self-Driving Urban Vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles 1(1):33-55, 2016.
- González, D., Pérez, J., Milanés, V., and Nashashibi, F. , “A Review of Motion Planning Techniques for Automated Vehicles,” IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems 17(4):1135-1145, 2016.
- Katrakazas, C., Quddus, M., Chen, W.H., and Deka, L. , “Real-Time Motion Planning Methods for Autonomous On-Road Driving: State-of-the-Art and Future Research Directions,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 60:416-442, 2015.
- Dubins, L.E. , “On Curves of Minimal Length with a Constraint on Average Curvature, and with Prescribed Initial and Terminal Positions and Tangents,” American Journal of Mathematics 79(3):497-516, 1957.
- Reeds, J. and Shepp, L. , “Optimal Paths for a Car That Goes Both Forwards and Backwards,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics 145(2):367, 1990.
- LaValle, S.M. and Hutchinson, S.A. , “Optimal Motion Planning for Multiple Robots Having Independent Goals,” in Robotics and Automation, 1996. Proceedings, 1996 IEEE International Conference on, IEEE, Vol. 3, 1996.
- Li, Q., Zeng, Z., Yang, B., and Zhang, T. , “Hierarchical Route Planning Based on Taxi GPS-Trajectories,” in Geoinformatics, 2009 17th International Conference on, IEEE, 2009.
- Kammel, S., Ziegler, J., Pitzer, B., Werling, M. et al. , “Team AnnieWAY’s Autonomous System for the 2007 DARPA Urban Challenge,” Journal of Field Robotics 25(9):615-639, 2008.
- Stentz, A. , “Optimal and Efficient Path Planning for Partially-Known Environments,” ICRA 94, 1994.
- Karaman, S., Walter, M.R., Perez, A., Frazzoli, E. et al. , “Anytime Motion Planning Using the RRT,” Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2011.
- Aoude, G.S., Luders, B.D., Levine, D.S., How, J.P. , “Threat-Aware Path Planning in Uncertain Urban Environments,” in Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2010 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on, IEEE, 2010.
- Kuwata, Y., Teo, J., Fiore, G., Karaman, S. et al. , “Real-Time Motion Planning with Applications to Autonomous Urban Driving,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 17(5):1105-1118, 2009.
- Ma, L., Xue, J., Kawabata, K., Zhu, J. et al. , “Efficient Sampling-Based Motion Planning for On-Road Autonomous Driving,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 16(4):1961-1976, 2015.
- Li, J., Dai, B., Li, X., Li, C. et al. , “A Real-Time and Predictive Trajectory-Generation Motion Planner for Autonomous Ground Vehicles,” in Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC), 2017 9th International Conference on, IEEE, Vol. 2, 2017.
- Fuji, H., Xiang, J., Tazaki, Y., Levedahl, B. et al. , “Trajectory Planning for Automated Parking Using Multi-Resolution State Roadmap Considering Non-Holonomic Constraints,” in Intelligent Vehicles Symposium Proceedings, 2014 IEEE, IEEE, 2014.
- Petrov, P. and Nashashibi, F. , “Modeling and Nonlinear Adaptive Control for Autonomous Vehicle Overtaking,” IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems 15(4):1643-1656, 2014.
- Rastelli, J.P., Lattarulo, R., and Nashashibi, F. , “Dynamic Trajectory Generation Using Continuous-Curvature Algorithms for Door to Door Assistance Vehicles,” in Intelligent Vehicles Symposium Proceedings, 2014 IEEE, IEEE, 2014.
- Berglund, T., Brodnik, A., Jonsson, H., Staffanson, M. et al. , “Planning Smooth and Obstacle-Avoiding B-Spline Paths for Autonomous Mining Vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering 7(1):167-172, 2010.
- Ren, J., McIsaac, K.A., and Patel, R.V. , “Modified Newton’s Method Applied to Potential Field-Based Navigation for Mobile Robots,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics 22(2):384-391, 2006.
- Elbanhawi, M., Simic, M., and Jazar, R.N. , “Continuous Path Smoothing for Car-Like Robots Using B-Spline Curves,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems 80(1):23-56, 2015.
- Dequan, Z., Zhuoping, Y., Lu, X. et al. , “A Steerable Curvature Approach for Efficient Executable Path Planning for on-Road Autonomous Vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0675 , 2019. https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0675.
- Renxie, Z., Lu, X., and Zhuoping, Y. , “Hierarchical Control for Reference Trajectory Tracking of Autonomous Vehicles,” in Proceedings of the 25th International Symposium on Dynamics of Vehicles on Roads and Tracks, Queensland, CRC, 2017, 283-288.
- Renxie, Z., Lu, X., Zhuoping, Y. et al. , “Robust Adaptive Anti-Slip Regulation Controller for a Distributed-Drive Electric Vehicle Considering the Driver’s Intended Driving Torque,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of automobile engineering 232(4):562-576, 2017.
- ISO3888-2:2011 , “Passenger Cars-Test Track for a Severe Lane-Change Manoeuvre-Part 2: Obstacle Avoidance.”