This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Hybrid Control Methods of Heavy-Duty Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle for Improving Fuel Economy and Emissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Fuel consumption and exhaust gas emission regulations are being tightened around the world year by year. Electric vehicles are needed to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Especially, Plug-in hybrid heavy-duty vehicles (PHEVs) are expected to become widespread. PHEVs enable all-electric modes, as well as hybrid modes, using both engines and electric motors, but the control system significantly affects the characteristics of fuel consumption and gas emission.
In this study, we used new testing machine (we call extended HILS) to analyze the fuel consumption and gas emission for different plug-in hybrid control systems and investigated the optimal control method for PHEVs.
CitationOkui, N., "Study on Hybrid Control Methods of Heavy-Duty Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle for Improving Fuel Economy and Emissions," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-2259, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-2259.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Johnson , T. Review of CO2 Emissions and Technologies in the Road Transportation Sector SAE Int. J. Engines 3 1 1079 1098 2010 https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1276
- Daw , C. , Gao , Z. , Smith , D. , Laclair , T. et al. Simulated Fuel Economy and Emissions Performance during City and Interstate Driving for a Heavy-Duty Hybrid Truck SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 6 1 161 182 2013 https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1033
- Gao , Z. , Finney , C. , Daw , C. , LaClair , T. et al. Comparative Study of Hybrid Powertrains on Fuel Saving, Emissions, and Component Energy Loss in HD Trucks SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 7 2 414 431 2014 https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2326
- Hamza , K. , and Laberteaux , K. A Study on Optimal Powertrain Sizing of Plugin Hybrid Vehicles for Minimizing Criteria Emissions Associated with Cold Starts SAE Int. J. Alt. Power. 7 3 183 193 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0406
- Okui , N. , Kawai , T. , Niikuni , T. , Suzuki , M. et al. Development of Evaluation System for Exhaust Gas and Fuel Economy of Next-generation Hybrid Electric Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2602 2013 https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2602
- Okui , N. , and Niikuni , T. A Study of Fuel Economy Improvement of Small Delivery Hybrid Trucks SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2903 2014 https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2903
- Okui , N. , and Kobayashi , M. A Study on Hybrid Control Method for Improvement of Fuel Economy and Exhaust-Gas Emission of Hybrid Trucks SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1780 2015 https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1780
- Okui , N. A Study on Improvement of Fuel Economy of Heavy-Duty Hybrid Trucks with New Type of Hybrid Electric Assist Engine System SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 9 2 41 50 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-2358
- Okui , N. Estimation of Fuel Economy and Emissions for Heavy-duty Diesel Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle with Electrical Heating Catalyst System SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2207 2017 https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2207.
- Okui , N. Effects of the Differences in Driving Behavior on Fuel Economy and Emission Characteristics during Vehicle Simulator Execution SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1768 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1768
- Okui , N. , and Kobayashi , M. Study of New HILS Test Method with Combination of the Virtual Hybrid Electric Powertrain Systems and the Engine Test Bench SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2343 2019 https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2343
- Zhu , D. , Pritchard , E.G.D. , and Silverberg , L.M. A New System Development Framework Driven by a Model-Based Testing Approach Bridged by Information Flow IEEE Systems Journal 3 12 2016
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Government of Japan 2007
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Government of Japan 2005
- Mizuho Information & Research Institute, Inc 2019