This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Pre-Curve Braking Planning of Battery Electric Vehicle Based on Vehicle Infrastructure Cooperative System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Braking energy recovery is an important method for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) to save energy and increase driving range. The vehicle braking system performs regenerative braking control based on driver operations. Different braking operations have a significant impact on energy recovery efficiency. This paper proposes a method for planning the braking process of a BEV based on the Intelligent Vehicle Infrastructure Cooperative System (IVICS). By actively planning the braking process, the braking energy recovery efficiency is improved. Vehicles need to decelerate and brake before entering a curve. The IVICS is used to obtain information about the curve section ahead of the vehicle's driving route. Then calculating the reference speed of the curve, and obtaining the vehicle's braking target in advance, so as to actively plan the vehicle braking process. First, this paper builds a vehicle dynamics model and analyzes the vehicle's dynamic characteristics when cornering to build a curve safe vehicle speed model. A safety factor is introduced to the safe speed model to calculate the reference speed in the curve, that is, the vehicle braking target. After that, the regenerative braking process is analyzed to study the influencing factors of braking energy recovery efficiency. With the goal of improving the efficiency of braking energy recovery, combined with the demand for driving speed efficiency, a method of pre-curve braking process planning is determined. The planning method was simulated 8 times under 4 typical cornering conditions, and the results showed that the average braking energy recovery rate reached 0.7198.
CitationTian, Z., Yang, B., Peng, D., Liu, Z. et al., "Pre-Curve Braking Planning of Battery Electric Vehicle Based on Vehicle Infrastructure Cooperative System," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1643, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1643.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
- Xia, J. , “Overview on Research in Electric Vehicles,” Electric Power Technologic Economics 07:49-55, 2010.
- Editorial Department of China Journal of Highway and Transport , “Review on China's Automotive Engineering Research Progress: 2017,” China Journal of Highway and Transport 30(06):1-197, 2017, https://doi.org/10.19721/j.cnki.1001-7372.2017.06.001.
- Ji, F., Yong, P., Yu, Z., Du, F. et al., “Energy Recovery Based on Pedal Situation for Regenerative Braking System of Electric Vehicle,” Vehicle System Dynamics 58(1):144-173, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2019.1567927.
- Pan, H. , “Research on Coordinated Control Strategy of Electro-Hydraulic Composite Braking with Integrated Braking Intention,” Wuhan University of Technology, 2018.
- Jiang, L. , “Research on Braking Control Strategy of Pure Electric Vehicle under Multiple Braking Conditions,” Chang’an University, 2019.
- Lv, C., Zheng, Y., Wang, X., and Ma, Z., “A Study of Regenerative Braking Control Strategies for Electric Vehicle,” Automobile Technology (05):33-37, 2019, https://doi.org/10.19620/j.cnki.1000-3703.20172238.
- Chen, C., Lv, Z., Fu, S., and Peng, Q., “Overview of the Development in Cooperative Vehicle-Infrastructure System Home and Abroad,” Journal of Transport Information and Safety 29(01):102-105, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3963/j.ISSN1674-4861.2011.01.025.
- Ma, Y. , “Research on Lan-Change Behavior and Driving Assistance System Based on Vehicle-Road Coordination,” Qingdao University of Technology, 2018.
- Feng, J., Tian, Z., Cui, J., Zhou, F. et al., “Downhill Safety Assistant Driving System for Battery Electric Vehicles on Mountain Roads,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2129, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2129.
- Sun, C., Wu, C., Chu, D., Fu, Y. et al., “Improved Model Study of Safety Speed Calculation in Curves,” China Journal of Highway and Transport 28(08):101-108, 2015, https://doi.org/10.19721/j.cnki.1001-7372.2015.08.013.
- Wang, D., Xu, D., and Cao, B., “Overview on Key Techniques of Electric Vehicle,” Strategic Study of CAE 15(01):68-72, 2013.
- Chen, B. , “Regenerative Braking Research of Pure Electric Vehicle,” Chongqing University, 2011.
- Yang, J., Wang, T., Du, C., Min, F. et al., “Overview of the Modeling of Lithium-Ion Batteries,” Energy Storage Science and Technology 8(01):58-64, 2019, https://doi.org/10.12028/j.issn.2095-4239.2018.0143.
- Hua, Z., and Li, J., “Summary of Methods for State of Charge Estimation of EV Power Batteries,” Chinese Journal of Power Sources 37(09):1686-1689, 2013.
- Fang, Y. , Automobile Braking Theory and Design (National Defense Industry Press, 2005).
- He, X. , “Study on Control Strategy of Regenerative Braking for Electric Bus Based on Braking Comfort,” Jilin University, 2011.
- Highway Bureau of the Ministry of Transport , “Technical Standard for Highway Engineering,” (China Communications Press Co., Ltd., 2014).