This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Hybrid Approach for the Assessment of Paths in Pass-by Maneuver
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: 11th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
Current vehicle regulations demand for a challenging decrease in the overall exterior noise as a benefit for the health of citizens and road users. New limits have been implemented in UN R51.03 (based on ISO 362-1:2015) to reduce the emitted noise both at constant speed and in full load so as to cover most of the real urban driving conditions. In order to achieve those targets the carmakers have to refine the trim of their vehicles and an experimental approach can take place too late. This paper shows a method for the pass-by noise simulation exploiting the numerical transfer functions and a library of experimentally characterized sources with the aim to reduce the noise and find out a better tradeoff between costs and effectiveness of the modifications. Moreover a simple software tool for the treatment of the data and to ease the workflow has been created and used for the rank assessment of the different paths.
CitationDanti, M., Biasiolo, M., Amodeo, D., and Di Nenno, G., "A Hybrid Approach for the Assessment of Paths in Pass-by Maneuver," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1550, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1550.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Barrecas, V., Janssens, K., Van De Ponseele, P., Britte, L. et al. , “Impact of New Pass-by Noise Regulation on the Vehicle Development Process,” Sound & Vibration, Sept. 2015.
- Kim, U., Maunder, M., Mawdsley, D., and Grant, P. , “Simulation Method to Meet New Pass-by Noise Requirements,” Sound & Vibration, Sept. 2015.
- Calloni, M., Musser, C., Castel, A., Mejdi, A. et al. , “A Pass-by Noise Prediction Method Based on Source-Path-Receiver Approach Combining Simulation and Test Data,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0188, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0188.
- Lafont, T., Horak, J., D’Amico, R., Stelzer, R. et al. , “Passive Treatment Solutions for the Reduction of Vehicle Exterior Tire Noise,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1571, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1571.
- Thivant, M., and Bouvet, P. , “Pass-by Noise Simulation and Optimization of Acoustic Shielding Package,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-26-0213, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-26-0213.
- Mordillat, P. , “Numerical Assessment of Car Pass-by Noise,” presented at in FFT Acoustic Simulation Conference, Belgium, 2016.
- Danti, M., Meneguzzo, M., and Bartolozzi, M. , “Simulation of Exterior Noise Propagation for the Acoustic Load Estimation of Airborne Model,” presented at in ATZ Conference 2017, Zurich, 2017.
- Talbot, A. and Lielens, G. , “Pass-by Noise Synthesis from Frequency Domain Exterior Acoustic Simulation,” presented at in ATZ Conference 2017, Zurich, 2017.