This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design of Shift Fork and Sleeve Optimized towards Future Application of Powder Metal
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The paper will present the design of shift fork for automotive manual gearbox dedicated for the manufacturing with powder metal technology. Based on limitations and requirements of new production technology of shifting sleeve, the new design of shifting sleeve and shifting fork are created. The prototypes of shift fork and sleeve were built, but for cost reasons, were manufactured from steel. The functionality of several forks with different tolerances was tested. Prototypes were put through functional and durability tests on testing bench in real automotive gearbox. The tests were accomplished on the inertia test stand. Drawings and CAD models of tested prototypes, custom tools and designed shift forks are described in detail in this article.
CitationAchtenova, G. and Pakosta, J., "Design of Shift Fork and Sleeve Optimized towards Future Application of Powder Metal," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1322, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1322.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Design and Mechanical Properties: Höganäs Handbook for Sintered Components, https://www.hoganas.com/globalassets/download-media/sharepoint/handbooks---all-documents/handbook-3_design_and_mechanical_properties_june2015_1039hog-interactive.pdf.
- Ahluwalia, P., Durnack, M., and Natarajan, K.K. , “The New High Torque NVT-750 Manual Transaxle,” SAE Technical Paper 980828, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980828.
- Rupp, A.N.J., Sonsino, C.M., and Radereau, D. , “Service Load and Stress Distribution for P/M Gear Components,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0404, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0404.
- Frank, M.A. , “Advance Sinterbrazed P/M Subassemblies in Torque Transfer Systems: Reduction Hubs and Carriers,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0673, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0673.
- Henriques, V.A.R., Cairo, C.A.A., da Silva, C.R.M., and Neto, C.M. , “Production of TI-35Zr-10Nb Alloy by Powder Metallurgy for Automotive Application,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3353, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3353.
- Frech, T., Scholzen, O., Löpenhaus, C., and Klocke, F. , “Powder Metal Gears for Highly Loaded Powertrains: How Powder Metallurgy Supports Current Trends in Transmission Technology,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0989, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0989.
- Hanka, D. , “Návrh řadicí vidličky” (“Design of the shift fork”), Diploma thesis at CTU in Prague, 2019.
- Achtenova, G. and Pakosta, J. , “Estimation of the Gearbox No-Load Losses,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1092, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1092.