This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Performance Analysis of Multi-Channel Active Control System for Road Noise in Vehicles Using FXLMS Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
It’s significant to analyze the Experimental performance of active control system for road noise. In this paper, a 2-channel active control system of vehicle road noise based on FXLMS algorithm is established. The complexity of Filtered-x Least Mean Square algorithm (FXLMS) is analyzed. The bench test and road test are carried out to test and analyze the performance of the control system. Firstly, the general mathematic model of the multi-channel active control system based on FXLMS algorithm is established. The computational complexity of the algorithm is analyzed. Secondly, a hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test bench based on multi-channel FXLMS algorithm and a measurement system based on DASP are set up, to measure the noise reduction performance of active noise control system under various working conditions. Finally, the bench test and the road test are carried out and the results are analyzed.
CitationPi, X., Zhang, L., Meng, D., and Zhang, X., "Experimental Performance Analysis of Multi-Channel Active Control System for Road Noise in Vehicles Using FXLMS Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1277, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1277.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Ma, D. , Noise and Vibration Control Engineering Manual (Beijing: China Machine Press, 2002). ISBN:7-111-10830-2/TB-335.
- Kuo, S.M. and Morgan, D.R. , “Active Noise Control: A Tutorial Review,” Proceedings of the IEEE 87(6):943-973, 2002, doi:10.1109/5.763310.
- Lueg, P. , “Process of Silencing Sound Oscillations,” U.S. Patent 2043: 416, 1936.
- Trinder, M.C.J., Chaplin, G.B.B., and Nelson, P.M. , “Active Control of Commercial Vehicle Exhaust Noise,” in Inter-Noise & Noise-Con Congress & Conference, 1986.
- Oswald, L. , “Reduction of Diesel Engine Noise inside a Passenger Compartments Using Active Adaptive Noise Control. Proceeding of Inter Noise,” in Proceeding of Inter Noise, 1984(84): 483-488.
- Emborg, U. , “Application of Active Noise Control in Saab 340 and Saab 2000,” in Proc. Nordic Conference on Vehicle and Machinery Vibrations, Sweden, 1994.
- Chi, S.O., Kang, D.I., Lee, H.M. et al. , “Development of an Active Road Noise Control System,” Atz Worldwide 117(1):36-39, 2015, doi:10.1007/s38311-015-0151-5.
- HC, M. and RE, D. , “Active Reduction of Low-Frequency Tire Impact Noise Using Digital Feedback Control,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine 9(5):3-6, 1989, doi:10.1109/37.29579.
- TJ, S., SJ, E., Moore, I. , “Use of Nonlinear Controllers in the Active Attenuation of Road Noise inside Cars,” INTERIOR NOISE, 1991.
- Sutton, T.J. , “The Active Control of Random Noise in Automotive Interiors,” Ph.D. thesis, Ann Arbor: University of Southampton (United Kingdom), 1992.
- Sutton, T.J. and Elliott, S.J. , Active Control of Interior Road Noise (Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 1993).
- Sutton, T.J., Elliott, S.J., McDonald, A.M. et al. , “Active Control of Road Noise inside Vehicles,” Noise Control Engineering Journal 42(4):137-147, 1994, doi:10.3397/1.2828351.
- Duan, J., Li, M., Lim, T.C. et al. , “A Computationally Efficient Multichannel Active Road Noise Control System,” Journal of Dynamic Systems Measurement and Control 137(1):011003, 2014, doi:10.1115/1.4028183.
- Sun, G., Duan, J., Li, M. et al. , “Numerical Modeling and Active Noise Control of Impact Road Noise inside a Vehicle Compartment,” Noise Control Engineering Journal 63(1):72-85, 2015, doi:10.3397/1/376308.
- Zafeiropoulos, N., Ballatore, M., Moorhouse, A. et al. , “Active Control of Structure-Borne Road Noise Based on the Separation of Front and Rear Structural Road Noise Related Dynamics,” SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars-Mechanical Systems 8(2015-01-2222):886-891, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2222.
- Zafeiropoulos, N., Jürgen Jollner, N., and Vasudev Kandade Rajan, N. , “Active Control of Structure-Borne Road Noise: A Control Strategy Based on the Most Significant Inputs of the Vehicle,” in INTER-NOISE and NOISE-CON Congress and Conference Proceedings, Institute of Noise Control Engineering, 2016.
- Duan, J. , “Active Control of Vehicle Powertrain and Road Noise,” Ph.D. thesis, University of Cincinnati School of Dynamic Systems, Mechanical Engineering of the College of Engineering and Applied Science, 2011.
- Feng, T., Sun, G., Li, M. et al. , Structural Health Monitoring, Damage Detection & Mechatronics. Vol. 7 (United states: Springer New York LLC, 2016), 121-128, doi:10.1007/978-3-319-29956-3_14.