This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimization of Electric Vacuum Pump Mount to Improve Sound Quality of Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The noise and vibration of electric vacuum pump (EVP) become a major problem for electric vehicles when the vehicle is stationary. This paper aims at the EVP’s abnormal noise of an electric vehicle when stationary. Driver’s right ear (DRE) noise was tested and spectrogram analysis was carried out to identify the noise sources. In order to attenuate this kind of abnormal noise, a new EVP rubber mount with a segmented structure was introduced, which optimized the transfer path of vibration. Then dynamic stiffness and fatigue life of the EVP mount with different rubber hardness were calculated through finite element analysis (FEA) approach. Bench tests of fatigue life and DRE noise were performed to validate the FEA results. Test data of the sample mount shows that sound pressure level of DRE was dramatically attenuated and thus passengers’ ride comfort was enhanced.
CitationGuo, R. and Zhou, Z., "Optimization of Electric Vacuum Pump Mount to Improve Sound Quality of Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1259, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1259.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Guo , R. , Cao , C. , and Mi , Y. NVH Performance of Accessories in Range-Extended Electric Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0040 2015 https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0040
- Govindswamy , K. , Wellmann , T. , and Eisele , G. Aspects of NVH Integration in Hybrid Vehicles SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 2 1 1396 1405 2009 https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2085
- Sarrazin , M. , Janssens , K. , and Van der Auweraer , H. Virtual Car Sound Synthesis Technique for Brand Sound Design of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2012-36-0614 2012 https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-36-0614
- von Albrichsfeld , C. and Karner , J. Brake System for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1217 2009 https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1217
- Guo , R. et al. Experimental Investigation of the Noise, Vibration and Harshness Performances of a Range-Extended Electric Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 230.5 2016 650 663
- Ciambella , J. , Paolone , A. , and Vidoli , S. A Comparison of Nonlinear Integral-Based Viscoelastic Models Through Compression Tests on Filled Rubber Mechanics of Materials 42 10 932 944 2010
- Kim , B. et al. A Comparison Among Neo-Hookean Model, Mooney-Rivlin Model, and Ogden Model for Chloroprene Rubber International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing 13 5 759 764 2012