This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SOC Estimation Based on an Adaptive Mixed Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
SOC (State of charge) plays an important role in vehicle energy management, utilization of battery pack capacity, battery protection. Model based SOC estimation algorithm is widely regarded as an efficient computing method, but battery model accuracy and measuring noise variance will greatly affect the estimation result. This paper proposed an adaptive mixed estimation algorithm. In the algorithm, the recursive least squares algorithm was used to identify the battery parameters online with a second-order equivalent circuit model, and an adaptive unscented Kalman method was applied to estimate battery SOC. In order to verify the effect of the proposed algorithm, the experimental data of a lithium battery pack was applied to build a simulation model. The results show that the proposed joint algorithm has higher estimation accuracy and minimum root mean square error than other three algorithms.
CitationHuang, D., Zhu, Z., Liu, Z., Wang, X. et al., "SOC Estimation Based on an Adaptive Mixed Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1183, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1183.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Yang, P. and Bai, Y. , “Analysis of SOC Estimation Algorithm for Electric Vehicle Power Battery,” Automotive Applied Technology 2019(15):15-17, 2019.
- Li, K. , “Review on SOC Research of Pure Electric Vehicle Power Battery,” Internal Combustion Engine&Parts 2019(13):23-24, 2019, doi:10.3969/j.issn.1674-957X.2019.13.008.
- Deng, T. and Sun, H. , “A new SOC Real-time Estimation Method for Li-ion Batteries,” Journal of Chongqing University of Science and Technology (Natural Science) 16(1):101-106, 2015, doi:10.3969/j.issn.1674-8425(z).2015.01.019.
- Bi, J. and Kang, Y. , “Parameter Identification of Nernst Model of Pure Electric Vehicle Power Lithium Battery,” Automotive Engineering 37(6):725-730, 2015, doi:10.3969/j.issn.1000-680X.2015.06.019.
- Zheng, M., Qi, P., Wu, H., and Zhang, H. , “A Battery Management System for Li-ion power Batteries in Hybrid Electric Buses,” Chinese High Technology Letters 18(2):173-178, 2008, doi:10.3772/j.issn.1002-0470.2008.02.013.
- Lin, C., Wang, J., and Chen, Q. , “Method for State of Charge Estimation of EV Batteries,” Battery Bimonthly 34(5):66-378, 2004, doi:CNKI:SUN:DACI.0.2004-05-027.
- Tian, Y., Xia, B., Wang, M., Sun, W., and Xu, Z. , “Comparison Study on Two Model-based Adaptive Algorithms for SOC Estimation of Lithium-ion Batteries in Electric Vehicles,” Energies 7(12):8446-8464, 2014, doi:10.3390/en7128446.
- Liu, Y., Wang, X., Zhang, G., and Yu, P. , “Calculation Method of SOC in Lithium Battery BMS,” Electronic Test 08:38-39, 2018, doi:10.16520/j.cnki.1000-8519.2018.08.017.
- Liu, H. , “Study on SOC Estimation Method of Lithium-ion Battery Based on EKF for Electric Vehicles,” Master Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, DOI: 10.7666/d.y1780488.
- An, Z., Changes, M., Zhao, L. et al. , “SOC Estimation of Lithium Battery based on Adaptive Untracked Kalman Filter,” Energy Storage Science and Technology 8(5):856-861, 2019, doi:10.12028/j.issn.2095-4239.2019.0113.
- Wang, J., Zhang, K., and Xun, J. , “Estimation of SOC of Electric Vehicle Battery,” Journal of Anhui University of Sciences and Technology (Natural Science) 38(2):22-27, 2018.
- Liu, G., Xu, C., Li, H. et al. , “State of Charge and Online Model Parameters Co-estimation for Liquid Metal Batteries,” Applied Energy 250(1):677-684, 2019, doi:10.1016/j.apene rgy.2019.05.032.
- Zhang, Y. , “Parameter Identification and SOC Estimation of Power Battery for Electric Vehicle,” Master thesis, Department of Communication Engineering, Jilin University, Jilin, 2014.
- Huang, X. and Zhang, C. , “Adaptability of Typical Equivalent Electrical Circuit Models to Lithium-ion Batteries Simulation,” Chinese Journal of Power Sources 35(11):1354-1357, 2011, doi:10.3969/j.issn.1002-087X.2011.11.007.
- Xie, G. , “SOC Estimation of Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Based on Unscented Kalman Filter”, Master thesis, Vehicle Engineer, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei, 2015.
- Liang, Q. , “SOC Estimation of Lithium Battery Based on Unscented Kalman Filter,” Master thesis, Information Engineering Department, Southwest University of Science and Technology, SiChuan, 2018.