This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modelling and Control of Multi-Vehicle Traffic Networks Using an Integrated VISSIM-Matlab Simulation Platform
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper aims to develop a platform for integrating PTV VISSIM and MATLAB Simulink to design and analyze the flow of traffic in an urban traffic network. We model a non-signalized traffic network in VISSIM. From VISSIM, we take the inflow and outflow rates data and send them to the controller in MATLAB through a VISSIM Component Object (COM) interface. By employing an extremum seeking approach, an optimal velocity is determined and sent back to VISSIM through the COM interface. Numerical simulation demonstrates the effectiveness of the platform for testing different traffic control approaches and optimizing flow.
CitationChintamani Shindgikar, S., Karimi Shahri, P., and Ghasemi, A., "Modelling and Control of Multi-Vehicle Traffic Networks Using an Integrated VISSIM-Matlab Simulation Platform," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0887, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0887.
- Sun, W., Zheng, J., and Liu, H.X. , “A Capacity Maximization Scheme for Intersection Management with Automated Vehicles,” Transportation Research Procedia 23:121-136, 2017.
- Lazar, D.A., Pedarsani, R., Chandrasekher, K., and Sadigh, D. , “Maximizing Road Capacity Using Cars that Influence People,” in 2018 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2018, 1801-1808, IEEE.
- Ross, C. and Guhathakurta, S. , “Autonomous Vehicles and Energy Impacts: A Scenario Analysis,” Energy Procedia 143:47-52, 2017.
- Ye, L. and Yamamoto, T. , “Modeling Connected and Autonomous Vehicles in Heterogeneous Traffic Flow,” Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 490:269-277, 2018.
- Liu, J., Kockelman, K., and Nichols, A. , “Anticipating the Emissions Impacts of Smoother Driving by Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Using the Moves Model,” in Transportation Research Board 96th Annual Meeting, 2017.
- Cao, H. and Luo, J. , “Research on Vissimmatlab Integrated Traffic Simulation Platform Based on com Interface Technology,” in 2019 IEEE 3rd Information Technology, Networking, Electronic and Automation Control Conference (ITNEC), 2019, 305-309, IEEE.
- Tam´as Tettamanti and Istv ´an Varga , “Development of Road Traffic Control by Using Integrated Vissim-Matlab Simulation Environment,” Periodica Polytechnica Civil Engineering 56(1):43-49, 2012.
- Zotos, X., Naef, F., and Prelovsek, P. , “Transport and Conservation Laws,” Physical Review B 55(17):11029, 1997.
- Daganzo, C.F. , “The Cell Transmission Model, Part II: Network Traffic,” Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 29(2):79-93, 1995.
- Shahri, P.K., Shindgikar, S.C., Chaudhuri, B.H., and Ghasemi, A.H. , “Optimal Lane Management in Heterogeneous Traffic Network,” in ASME 2019 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers Digital Collection.
- Tettamanti, T. and Horváth, M.T. , “A Practical Manual for Vissim Com Programming in Matlab-for Vissim 9 and 10,” 2018.