This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Recent Advances in Swelling Resistance of Graphene-Based Rubber Compounds
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Recently, graphene has attracted both academic and industrial interest because it can produce a dramatic improvement in properties at very low filler content. This review will focus on the latest studies and recent progress in the swelling resistance of rubber compounds due to the addition of graphene and its derivatives. This work will present the state-of-the-art in this subject area and will highlight the advantages and current limitations of the use of graphene for potential future researches.
CitationPolkowski, R., Herbert, C., Kiziltas, A., Souza, J. et al., "Recent Advances in Swelling Resistance of Graphene-Based Rubber Compounds," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0769, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0769.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Banks, C.E., Randviir, E.P., and Brownson, D.A.C. , “A Decade of Graphene Research: Production, Applications and Outlook,” Mater Today 17:426-432, 2014.
- Mensah, B., Gupta, K.C., Kim, H., Wang, W. et al. , “Graphene-Reinforced Elastomeric Nanocomposites: A Review,” Polymer Testing 68:160-184, 2018.
- Smith, A., Lachance, A.M., Zeng, S., Liu, B. , and Sun, L., “Synthesis, Properties, and Applications of Graphene Oxide/Reduced Graphene Oxide and their Nanocomposites,” Nano Materials Science 1, 31-47, 2019.
- Geim, A.K. and Novoselov, K.S. , “The Rise of Graphene,” Natural Materials 6:183-191, 2007.
- Wu, J., Huang, G., Li, H., Wu, S. et al. , “Enhanced Mechanical and Gas Barrier Properties of Rubber Nanocomposites with Surface Functionalized Graphene Oxide at Low Content,” Polymer 54:1930-1937, 2013.
- Park, H.B., Yoo, B.M., Shin, H.J., and Yoon, H.W. , “Graphene and Graphene Oxide and Their Uses in Barrier Polymers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science 131:39628-39651, 2014.
- Cui, Y., Kundalwal, S.I., and Kumar, S. , “Gas Barrier Performance of Graphene/Polymer Nanocomposites,” Carbon 98:313-333, 2016.
- Matos, C.F., Galembeck, F., and Zarbin, A.J.G. , “Multifunctional and Environmentally Friendly Nanocomposites between Natural Rubber and Graphene or Graphene Oxide,” Carbon 78:469-479, 2014.
- Zhang, X., Wang, J., Jia, H., You, S. et al. , “Multifunctional Nanocomposites between Natural Rubber and Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone Modified Graphene,” Composites Part B: Engineering 84:121-129, 2016.
- Yin, B., Zhang, X., Wang, J., Wen, Y. et al. , “Ionic Liquid Functionalized Graphene Oxide for Enhancement of Styrene-Butadiene Rubber Nanocomposites,” Polymers for Advanced Technologies 28:293-302, 2016.
- Wen, Y., Yin, Q., Jia, H., Yin, B. et al. , “Tailoring Rubber-Filler Interfacial Interaction and Multifunctional Rubber Nanocomposites by Usage of Graphene Oxide with Different Oxidation Degrees,” Composites Part B: Engineering 124:250-259, 2017.
- Liu, P., Zhang, X., Jia, H., Yin, Q. et al. , “High Mechanical Properties, Thermal Conductivity and Solvent Resistance in Graphene Oxide/Styrene-Butadiene Rubber Nanocomposites by Engineering Carboxylated Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Rubber,” Composites Part B: Engineering 130:257-266, 2017.
- Papageorgiou, D.G., Kinloch, I.A., and Young, R.J. , “Graphene/Elastomer Nanocomposites,” Carbon 95:460-484, 2015.
- Bourgeat-Lami, E., Faucheu, J., and Noël, A. , “Latex Routes to Graphene-Based Nanocomposites,” Polymer Chemistry 6:5323-5357, 2015.
- Valentini, L., Bon, S., Hernandez, M., Lopez-Manchado, M.A., and Pugno, N.M. , “Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Composites Reinforced with Reduced Graphene Oxide and Carbon Nanotubes Show Superior Mechanical, Electrical and Icephobic Properties,” Composites Science and Technology 166:109-114, 2018.
- Flory, P.J. and Rehner, J. , “Statistical Mechanics of Cross-Linked Polymer Networks - Swelling,” The Journal of Chemical Physics 11:521-526, 1943.
- Flory, P.J. and Rehner, J. , “Statistical Theory of Chain Configuration and Physical Properties of High Polymers,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 44:419-429, 1943.
- Srisang, W., Supap, T., Idem, R., and Tontiwachwuthiku, P. , “Study of Physical and Chemical Resistance of Elastomers in Aqueous MEA and MEA+CO2 Solutions during the Carbon Dioxide Absorption Process,” Energy Procedia 63:1415-1423, 2014.