This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Springback Prediction and Correlations for Third Generation High Strength Steel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Third generation advanced high strength steels (3GAHSS) are increasingly used in automotive for light weighting and safety body structure components. However, high material strength usually introduces higher springback that affects the dimensional accuracy. The ability to accurately predict springback in simulations is very important to reduce time and cost in stamping tool and process design. In this work, tension and compression tests were performed and the results were implemented to generate Isotropic/Kinematic hardening (I/KH) material models on a 3GAHSS steel with 980 MPa minimum tensile strength. Systematic material model parametric studies and evaluations have been conducted. Case studies from full-scale industrial parts are provided and the predicted springback results are compared to the measured springback data. Key variables affecting the springback prediction accuracy are identified.
CitationChen, X., Singh, J., Pednekar, V., Groseclose, A. et al., "Springback Prediction and Correlations for Third Generation High Strength Steel," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0752, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0752.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Zhou , D. , Changqing , D. , Hsiung , C.-k. , Schmid , K. , Ren , F. , and Liasi , E. 2016
- Chengqing , D. , Wu , J. , Militisky , M. , Principe , J. , Garnett , M. , and Zhang , L. Springback Control with Variable Binder Force-Experiments and FEA Simulation The 8th International Conference on Numerical Methods of Industry Forming Processes Columbus, USA 2004
- Xu , S. , Zhao , K. , Lanker , T. , Zhang , J. , and Wang , C.T. On Improving the Accuracy of Springback Prediction and Die Compensation SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1687 2007 https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-1687
- Du , C. , Hu , Y. , Shi , M.F. , Chen , X.M. , Liu , S.D. , and Yao , H. A Rail Type Stamping Springback- Experiment Vs. Simulation USNCCM-VI Conference Dearborn 2001
- Li , K.P. , Carden , W.P. , and Woganer , R.H. Simulation of Springback Int. J. Mech. Sci. 44 103 122
- Xia , Z.C. and Zeng , D. Understanding Through-Thickness Integration in Springback Simulation SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0147 2006 https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-0147
- Chen , X. , Ren , F. , Shi , M. , Xia , C. Springback Prediction on Slit-Ring Test Proceedings of the 5th International Conference NUMISHET 2005
- Chen , X. , Shi , M.F. , Zhu , X. , Du , C. et al. Springback Prediction Improvement Using New Simulation Technologies SAE technical paper, 2009-01-0981 2009 https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0981
- Chen , X. , Chen , G. , and Lu , H. Validation of GISSMO Model for Fracture Prediction of a Third Generation Advanced High Strength Steel SAE International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing 11 4 April 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0107
- Yoshida , F. and Uemori , T. A Model of Large-Strain Cyclic Plasticity Describing the Baushinger Effect and Workhardening Stagnation Int. J. Plasticity 18 661 689 2002
- Shi , M.F. , Zhu , X. , Xia , C. , and Stoughton , T. Determination of Non-linear Isotropic/Kinematic Hardening Constitutive Parameters for AHSS Using Tension and Compression Tests 2008