This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Personal Routing Preference from Probe Data in Cloud
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Routing quality always dominates the top 20% of in vehicle- navigation customer complaints. In vehicle navigation routing engines do not customize results based on customer behavior. For example, some users prefer the quickest route while some prefer direct routes. This is because in vehicle navigation systems are traditionally embedded systems. Toyota announced that new model vehicles in JP, CN, US will be connected with routing function switching from the embedded device to the cloud in which there are plenty of probe data uploaded from the vehicles. Probe data makes it possible to analyze user preferences and customize routing profile for users. This paper describes a method to analyze the user preferences from the probe data uploaded to the cloud. The method includes data collection, the analysis model of route scoring and user profiling.
Furthermore, the evaluation of the model will be introduced at the end of the paper. The analysis not only focuses on the routes chosen by the user but also compares with the ones not chosen for the same ODs using multivariate analysis on the preference of each user with the routing parameters such as time, toll, etc. Moreover, in the paper, it will introduce the method to project the preference of each user to the entire distribution composed of all users to estimate the preference including the ODs that users have not experienced.
CitationJin, X., Takayama, T., Yashiro, A., and Nakamura, T., "Analysis of Personal Routing Preference from Probe Data in Cloud," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0740, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0740.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 8]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 9]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 10]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 11]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 12]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 13]|
- Dijkstra, E.W. , “A Note on Two Problems in Connexion With Graphs,” Numerische Mathematik 1:269-271, 1959, doi:10.1007/BF01386390.
- Hart, P., Nilsson, N., and Raphael, B. , “A Formal Basis for the Heuristic Determination of Minimum Cost Paths,” IEEE Transactions on Systems Science and Cybernetics 4:100-107, doi:10.1109/TSSC.1968.300136.
- Flinsenberg, I.C.M. , “Route Planning Algorithms for Car Navigation,” Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 2002.
- Funke, S., Laue, S., and Storandt, S. , “Personal Routes With High- Dimensional Costs and Dynamic Approximation Guarantees,” in 16th International Symposium on Experimental Algorithms (SEA 2017), London, UK, 2017, Vol. 75, 18:1-18:13, 10.4230/LIPIcs.SEA.2017.18.
- Letchner, J., Krumm, J., and Horvitz, E. , “Trip Router with Individualized Preferences (trip): Incorporating Personalization into Route Planning.” in AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Boston, MA, 2006, 1795-1800.
- Bozkurt, S., Yazici, A., and Keskin, K. , “A Multicriteria Route Planning Approach Considering Driver Preferences,” in 2012 IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety (ICVES 2012), Istanbul, Turkey, 2012, 324-328, doi 10.1109/ICVES.2012.6294270.
- Schäfer, R.P., Thiessenhusen, K.U., and Wagner, P. , “A Traffic Information System by Means of Real-Time Floating-Car Data,” in ITS World Congress, 2002.
- Ehmke, J.F., Meisel, S., and Mattfeld, D.C. , “Floating Car Based Travel Times for City Logistics,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 21, 338-352, Braunschweig, Germany, 2012, 10.1016/j.trc.2011.11.004.
- Sun, J.T., Zeng, H.J., Liu, H., Lu, Y., and Chen, Z. ,“ CubeSVD: A Novel Approach to Personalized Web Search”, in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on World Wide Web, Japan, 2005, 382-390, 10.1145/1060745.1060803.
- Li, L., Chu, W., Langford, J., and Schapire, R.E. ,” A Contextual- Bandit Approach to Personalized News Article Recommendation,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on World Wide Web, Raleigh, NC, USA, 2010, 661-670, 10.1145/1772690.1772758.
- Hochmair, H. , “Towards a Classification of Route Selection Criteria for Route Planning Tools,” . In: Developments in Spatial Data Handling. (Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer, 2005), 481-491, doi:10.1007/3-540-26772-7_37.
- Zhang, H. , “The Optimality of Naive Bayes,” in FLAIRS2004 Conference, 2004.
- MacQueen, J. , “Some Methods for Classification and Analysis of Multivariate Observations,” in Proceedings of the Fifth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, Vol. 1 (Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1967), 281-297.
- Rousseeuw, P.J. , “Silhouettes: A Graphical Aid to the Interpretation and Validation of Cluster Analysis,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 20:53-65, 1987, doi:10.1016/0377-0427(87)90125-7.
- Keeney, R.L. and Raiffa, H. , Decisions with Multiple Objectives: Preferences and Value Tradeoffs (Cambridge University Press, 1993).
- Malczewski, J. , “GIS-Based Multicriteria Decision Analysis: A Survey of the Literature,” International Journal of Geographical Information Science 20:703-726, 2006, doi:10.1080/13658810600661508.
- Jin, X., Tetsuo, S., Nakamura, M., Nakamura, M., and Sugimoto, H. , “Hybrid Navigation System That Combines Cloud and On-Board Computing,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0022, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0022.
- “Toyota Developed Hybrid Navigation,” https://global.toyota/jp/detail/18474765.
- Jin, X., Takayama, T., Yashiro, A., and Kashiwazaki, H. , “Road Closure Detection by Analyzing Vehicle Probe Data Adopt Poisson Probability,” AP-TP1918, in ITS WCX, 2019.
- Shen, J. and Ban, Y. , “Route Choice of the Shortest Travel Time Based on Floating Car Data,” Journal of Sensors 2016:7041653, 2016, doi:10.1155/2016/7041653.
- Rahmani, M., Jenelius, E., and Koutsopoulos, H. , “Route Travel Time Estimation Using Low-Frequency Floating Car Data,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, in Netherlands, October 6-9, 2013, doi:10.1109/ITSC.2013.6728569.
- Zhang, D., Chow, C.Y., Li, Q., and Liu, A. , “Efficient Evaluation of Shortest Travel-Time Path Queries in Road Networks by Optimizing Waypoints in Route Requests through Spatial Mashups,” in APWeb 2016: Web Technologies and Applications, China, September 23-25, 2016.
- Natori, M. , “Mann-Whitney U Test and Two-Sample Tests to Compare Measures of Central Tendency in the Case of Unequal Variances,” Primate Research 30(1):173-185, 2014, doi:10.2354/psj.30.006.
- Kasai, M. and Uchiyama, H. , “A Study on Estimation of Probabilistic Changing Travel Time Based on Bayesian Statistics,” in 12th WCTR, in Portugal, July 11-15, 2010.
- Arima, K., Ando, N., Taniguchi, E., and Yamada, T. , “A Route Choice Model Considering Mean Travel Time and Its Variance on Road Networks,” JST Material No. X0119BA 39, 2009.
- Uesugi, Y., Iryo, T., Oneyama, H., Horiguchi, R. et al. , “Estimation of Expectation and Variance for a Section Travel Time based on Fragmentary Probe Trajectories,” Infrastructure Planning Review 20:923-929, 2003, doi:10.2208/journalip.20.923.
- Morikawa, T., Yamamoto, T., Miwa, T., and Ohritsu, A. , “Development and Performance Evaluation of Dynamic Route Guidance System “PRONAVI”,” Traffic Engineering 42(3):65-75, 2007.
- Uesaka, K., Sekiya, H., Hashimoto, H., Harada, Y. et al. , “Practical Research on Methods of Survey, Analysis and Evaluation of Travel Time Reliability in Road Traffic,” Technical Note of NILIM, 660, December 2011.
- Ota, K., Oshige, S., Yabe, T., Imai, R. et al. , “Analysis of Road Traffic Based on Probe Data Collected from Mobile Car Navigation Systems,” Committee of Infrastructure Planning and Management, June 2013.