This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CAD-Based Optimization of a Race Car Front Wing
ISSN: 2641-9637, e-ISSN: 2641-9645
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Tolchinsky, I., Carrigan, T., and Dawson, J., "CAD-Based Optimization of a Race Car Front Wing," SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 2(3):1422-1428, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0624.
- Seljak, G. , Race Car Aerodynamics (Ljubljana, 2008).
- Hughes, M. , “Front Wings: The Differing Designs of Mercedes, Ferrari and the Rest of the 2019 Grid,” https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.front-wings-the-differing-designs-of-mercedes-ferrari-and-the-rest-of-the.nZRjhVIjUYEjoHf2qiCuT.html, last modified February 22, 2019.
- Katz, J. , “Aerodynamics of Race Cars,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics 27-63, January 2006.
- “S2046 (s2046-il),” http://airfoiltools.com/airfoil/details?airfoil=s2046-il, accessed October 21, 2019.
- Staten, M.L., Owen, S.J., Shontz, S.M., Salinger, A.G. , “A Comparison of Mesh Morphing Methods for 3D Shape Optimization,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Meshing Roundtable, 2011, doi:10.1007/978-3-642-24734-7_16.
- Carrigan, T., Landon, M., and Pita, C. , “Meshing Considerations for Automotive Shape Design Optimization,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1389 , 2016. https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1389.
- Carrigan, T. and Pita, C. , “Hybrid Meshing Strategies for Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines and Wind Farm Applications,” NAFEMS World Congress 2019:NWC19-NWC177, 2019.
- Steinbrenner, J.P. and Abelanet, J.P. , “Anisotropic Tetrahedral Meshing Based on Surface Deformation Techniques,” in AIAA 45th Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA-2006-0554, Reno, NV, 2006.
- Steinbrenner, J.P. , “Construction of Prism and Hex Layers from Anisotropic Tetrahedra,” in 22nd AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, 2015.
- Grigoriev, M., Carrigan, T., Garlisch, D., and Hitt, J. , “Higher Order Finite Element Meshes for Centrifugal Impeller Blade Analyses Using Pointwise,” in ASME Turbo Expo 2014, GT2014-25734, 2014.
- Collins, L.M., Dziak, J.J., and Runze, L. , “Design of Experiments with Multiple Independent Variables: A Resource Management Perspective on Complete and Reduced Factorial Designs,” Psychological Methods, 2009 Sep, doi:10.1037/a0015826.