This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Energy Management of Dual Energy Source of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
To be published on April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
With the growing shortage of oil resources and the increasingly strict environmental regulations, countries are vigorously developing new energy vehicles, and as a truly zero-emission vehicle in the application, fuel cell electric vehicles can not only completely replace gasoline cars in term of fuel, but also have the advantages of high energy conversion efficiency, short hydrogenation time and long driving range. For Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicle (FCEV), and the Energy Management Control Strategy is the "core" of the whole vehicle control system, which has a direct and significant effect on the power and economy of the vehicle. In this paper, the "dual energy source system" composed of fuel cell and power battery is taken as the research object. Based on the proposed power system structure, a fuel cell hybrid power management control strategy is designed, and the simulation model based on Matlab/Simulink and real vehicle are adopted to perform performance verification on standard operating conditions. The strategy aims at optimizing the power and economy, sets the target control value of the SOC, coordinates the power output of the "dual energy source system" of the vehicle, reduces the load power fluctuation of Fuel Cell System(FCS), optimize the working range of fuel engine and improve the energy recovery efficiency according to the vehicle energy demand, the real-time status of the assembly and the vehicle operating conditions, so that the fuel cell and the power battery work as much as possible in the optimal efficiency range. The test results in vehicle show that the energy management control method is effective in engineering application, and the performance has reached the vehicle design goal.
CitationZhao, Y., Song, H., Liu, Y., and Yu, Z., "Energy Management of Dual Energy Source of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0595, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
- Yang, X. , “Research on Related Technologies of Automotive Hydrogen Fuel Cells,” Auto Time 302(11):85-86, 2018.
- Yuan, C.K. , “Development of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Market at Home and Abroad,” Cars and Accessories 1252(6):26-28, 2019.
- Kong, Y. , “Research on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Technology,” Automotive Digest 516(1):55-56, 2019.
- He, B., Dou, G.W., Liang, W.M., and Pan, X.S. , “Research on Control Strategy of Plug-in Fuel Cell Vehicle,” Shanghai Auto (2):5-9, 2009.
- Stevens, M., Mendes, C., Fowler, M., and Fraser, R. , “Fuel Cell Hybrid Control Strategy Development,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0214, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-0214.
- Mallouh, M., Al-Marouf, M., Surgenor, B., and Peppley, B. , “Effect of Control Strategy on the Performance of a Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Auto Rickshaw,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1174, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1174.
- Yazdani, A. and Bidarvatan, M. , “A Comparative Analysis for Optimal Control of Power Split in a Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1189, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1189.
- Fonseca, R., Bideaux, E., Gerard, M., Jeanneret, B. et al. , “Hybrid Electric System for an Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle and Its Energy Management,” SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1226, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1226.
- Tao, X.M., Zhang, J.T., Zhang, L.X., Zhao, J. et al. , “Study on Power System Control Strategy of Hydrogen Fuel Cell City Bus,” Bus Technology and Research (3):31-33, 2018.
- Zhu, Y.D. , “Study on Decay Characteristics and SOH Prediction of Ternary Lithium Ion Battery,” Wuhan University of Technology, 2017.
- Wu, X., Yan, X., Wang, Y., Huang, B.X. et al. , “Research on Ternary Lithium Battery Internal Resistance,” Chinese Journal of Power Sources 43(4):34-36+150, 2019.