This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Modal and Stiffness Analysis of the White Body of the Truck Cab by Using the Finite Element Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The safety and comfort of the truck cab, as driver’s location, are significant to the driver, and the white body of the truck cab is an important part of the truck, whose modal and stiffness are directly impact its safety and comfort. Moreover, its modal and stiffness are the key factors that affect the performance of the car, which are also the important indicators that evaluate the ability of preventing fatigue failure and resisting deformation. In order to study whether the modal and stiffness of a truck cab can meet the working requirements, the white body of a truck cab was taken as the research object, and the finite element method (FEM) was chosen to study the modal and stiffness in this paper. The finite element model of the white body of this truck cab was established. The natural frequency and vibration model of white body were obtained by modal analysis. And the lowest frequency of the white body was 22.8Hz, obtained by modal analysis. After that, the modal performance has then been analyzed by comparing with the excitation frequency of pavement and with the excitation frequency of engine. The result shows that the natural frequency of the white body avoids the resonance frequency. Further, the bending stiffness and torsional stiffness of the white body were calculated. The results show that the bending stiffness and torsional stiffness are enough to preventing large deformation under normal working conditions. The above results show that this white body can basically meet the requirements of work.
CitationZhao, Y. and Wang, L., "The Modal and Stiffness Analysis of the White Body of the Truck Cab by Using the Finite Element Method," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0484, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0484.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Cao , C. and Zhao , X. Modal Analysis of Double-Bolted Connection under Different Operating Conditions Materials Science and Engineering 470 012024 2019 10.1088/1757-899X/470/1/012024
- Xiao , J. and Zhang , W. Modal Analysis for Single Track Sled 2018 International Conference on Physics, Mathematics, Statistics Modeling and Simulation
- Marco , D. and Davide , V. Modal Methodology for the Simulation and Optimization of the Free-Layer Damping Treatment of a Car Body Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 1 8
- Li , X. and Cao , J. Study on Modal Analysis and Dynamic Performance of Electric Wheel Self-dumping Truck Carriage Applied Mechanics and Materials 127 395 399 2012
- Gao , H.L. Research on Stiffness and Modal Performance of SUV Car Body Structure Based on NASTRAN Analysis Tianjin University of Science and Technology 2016
- Cai , Z.Q. Analysis and Optimization of the Rigid Strength of a White Body of an SUV North University of China 2018
- Feng , L. Lightweight Design of Pure Electric Automobiles’ Body Based on Stiffness and Modal Analysis Changsha University of Science and Technology 2017
- Michael , P. and Mathew , J. Multimodal Fusion Object Detection System for Autonomous Vehicles Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control 141 071017 2019 10.1115/1.4043222
- Li , W. Study of the Finite Element Spotweld Models Based on Modal Analysis of Body in White South China University of Technology 2016
- Wang , Y.X. and Zhang , R.W. 2019
- Zhang , D.W. and Liu , R.P. 2019 10.19466