This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A New Approach to Understanding Planetary Gear Train Efficiency and Powerflow
ISSN: 2641-9637, e-ISSN: 2641-9645
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Attibele, P., "A New Approach to Understanding Planetary Gear Train Efficiency and Powerflow," SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 2(6):3180-3188, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0432.
- Merritt , H.E. “Gears”, Sir I London Pitman & Sons 1947
- Macmillan , R.H. 1949
- Radzimovsky , E.I. A Simplified Approach for Determining Power Losses and Efficiency of Planetary Gear Drives Machine Design, February 9 1956
- Cdel Castillo , J.M. The Analytical Expression of the Efficiency of Planetary Gear Trains Mechanism and Machine Theory 37 197 214 2002
- Chen , C. and Angeles , J. Virtual-Power Flow and Mechanical Gear-Mesh Power Losses of Epicyclic Gear Trains Trans. of the ASME, JMD 129/107 January 2007 10.1115/1.2359473
- Yu , D. and Beachley , N. August 1986
- Pennestri , E. and Valentini , P. A Review of Formulas for the Mechanical Efficiency Analysis of Two Degrees-of-Freedom Epicyclic Gear Trains Trans. of the ASME, JMD 125/607 September 2003 10.1115/ 1.1587157
- Talbot , D.C. , Kahraman , A. , and Singh , A. An Experimental Investigation of the Efficiency of Planetary Gear Sets Trans. of the ASME, JMD 134 2 February 2012 10.1115/1.4005599
- Janakiraman , V. 2017
- Attibele , P. A New Application of the Lever Analogy: Understanding Transmission Efficiency 12th International CTI Symposium May 2018 USA