This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of the Dynamic Performance of an Engine Front End Accessory Drive System with an Asymmetric Damping Tensioner
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The automatic tensioner is an important component of the engine front end accessory drive system (EFEADS). It maintains the tension of the belt steadily and reduces the slip of pulley, which is benefit for improving the life of V-ribbed belt. In this paper, an EFEADS model is established which is considering with the hysteretic behavior and the asymmetry of friction damping of a tensioner. A four-pulley EFEADS is taken as a study subject. The dynamic responses of system, such as the oscillation angle of each pulley, the slip factor of pulley, the oscillation of tensioner arm and the dynamic belt tension are analyzed with symmetric damping and asymmetric damping tensioner. Meanwhile, the influence of asymmetric damping factors of tensioner on the dynamic response of EFEADS is also investigated. The experimental results show that tensioner with an asymmetric damping can effectively reduce the oscillation angle of each pulley and the oscillation of tensioner arm, and the fluctuation of dynamic belt tension.
CitationZhou, B., Shangguan, W., Long, S., Sun, Y. et al., "Analysis of the Dynamic Performance of an Engine Front End Accessory Drive System with an Asymmetric Damping Tensioner," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0409, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0409.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Alam , M.T. , Kumar , P.V. , Thakur , A. , and Ghadei , S. Development of Low Cost FEAD System with Stretch Fit Belt SAE Technical Paper 2018-28-0064 2018 10.4271/2018-28-0064
- Shangguan , W. Experimental and Calculation Analysis of Rotational Vibration for an Engine Front End Accessory Drive System SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars - Mechanical Systems 4 1000 1017 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1534
- Long , S. , Zhao , X. , and Xu , P. Modeling and Validation for the Hysteretic Behavior of an Automatic Belt Tensioner SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1546 2019 2019 https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1546
- Leamy , M.J. 1998 9780591772715
- Zhao , J. , Barker , C. , Oliver , L. et al. Experimental Testing and Modeling of Automotive Automatic Belt Tensioners SAE Technical Paper 980839 1998 https://doi.org/10.4271/980839
- Bastien , J. , Michon , G. , Manin , L. et al. An Analysis of the Modified Dahl and Masing Models: Application to a Belt Tensioner Journal of Sound and Vibration. 302 4 841 864 2007 10.1016/j.jsv.2006.12.013
- Liu , K. and Serkh , A. 2002
- Ferguson , J.B. and Lannutti , A.E. 2012
- Feng , X. , Shangguan , W.B. , Deng , J. et al. Modelling of the Rotational Vibrations of the Engine Front-End Accessory Drive System: A Generic Method Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part D Journal of Automobile Engineering 213 13 1780 1795 2017 10.1177/09544 07016685966
- Michon , G. , Manin , L. , and Dufour , R. Hysteretic Behavior of a Belt Tensioner: Modeling and Experimental Investigation Journal of Vibration and Control 11 9 1147 1158 2005 10.1177/1077546305055539
- Shangguan , W.B. and Zeng , X.K. Modeling and Validation of Rotational Vibration Responses for Accessory Drive System-Part II: Simulations and Analyses ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics Transactions 135 3 1 13 2013 10.1115/1.4023140
- Zenerino , E.C. , Tonoli , A. , and Amati , N. Dynamic Modeling of Belt Drive Systems: Effects of the Shear Deformations ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics Transactions 128 5 555 567 2006 10.1115/1.2202153
- Hwang , S.J. , Perkins , N.C. , Ulsoy , A.G. et al. Rotational Response and Slip Prediction of Serpentine Belt Drives Systems ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 116 1 71 78 1994 10.1115/1.2930400
- Kwon , Y.I. , IH , J.-G. , and Emam , A. Vibrational Power Flow in the Moving Belt Passing through a Tensioner Journal of Sound and Vibration 229 2 329 353 2000 10.1006/js vi .1999.2484