This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Innovative Bulb for Compact Headlamps Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 13, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Single beam reflector usage with H4 halogen bulb type is adopted in low cost emerging market countries that represent a very important segment for General Motors South America region.
Currently, GM engineering tech centers have developed several different solutions for H4 halogen bulb reflector type that have their package, in terms of dimensions, to meet legal requirement and performance. Taking that into consideration, this new H19LL bulb development represents a great opportunity to find out an innovative new design with reduced mass and consequently cost reduction.
Besides, it could allow enhancing reflectors portfolio as well as enabling Design Studio to better define customer driven theme for the vehicle appearance.
CitationCancino Junior, I., Sônego, J., and de Souza, R., "Innovative Bulb for Compact Headlamps Design," SAE Technical Paper 2019-36-0066, 2020.
- The Brazilian National Traffic Council – CONTRAN Resolution 667, May 2017.
- The Brazilian National Traffic Council – CONTRAN Resolution 227, Jan. 2009
- Installation of Lighting and Light-Signaling Devices - ECE R48 Legal Requirement. The lighting system shall meet the regulatory requirements of the countries where the vehicle is sold.
- Regulation sets up uniform provisions concerning the approval of filament lamps for use in approved lamp units. Requirements regarding to the approval of components and to the installation of light and light-signaling devices - ECE R37
- History of automotive headlamps https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp#Cost
- Technical Specification by Philips Lumileds https://www.lumileds.com/products/automotive-oem-lamps/halogen