This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation of The Effect of Enhanced In-Cylinder Flow on HCCI Combustion in a Rapid Compression and Expansion Machine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 24, 2020 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The purpose of this paper is to find a way to extend the high load limit of homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) combustion. A newly developed rapid compression and expansion machine (RCEM) was employed to reproduce the typical HCCI high load condition. The in-cylinder turbulence was created by the special piston which equipped with a flow guide plate. Meanwhile, the ambient temperature distribution in the cylinder was determined by the wall temperature controlling system which was controlled by the independent coolant passages. In addition, the numerical simulation by using large eddy method coupled with a detailed chemical reaction was conducted as well. The results show that HCCI mode is potential to be improved at high load condition in full consideration of in-cylinder temperature, flow, and turbulence.
CitationZhong, Y., Ogawa, K., Kuboyama, T., Moriyoshi, Y. et al., "Investigation of The Effect of Enhanced In-Cylinder Flow on HCCI Combustion in a Rapid Compression and Expansion Machine," SAE Technical Paper 2019-32-0528, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-32-0528.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1
|Unnamed Dataset 2
|Unnamed Dataset 3
|Unnamed Dataset 4
|Unnamed Dataset 5
|Unnamed Dataset 6
- K. Komura , et. al. Advanced Ignition Control Technology for HCCI Combustion Honda R&D Technical Review 26 2 2014
- T. Johansson , et. al. HCCI Operating Range in a Turbo-charged Multi Cylinder Engine with VVT and Spray-Guided DI SAE 2009-01-0494 2009
- R. Yu , et. al. Effect of Temperature Stratification on the Auto-ignition of Lean Ethanol/Air Mixture in HCCI engine SAE Paper 2008-01-1669
- M. Sjoberg , et. al. Smoothing HCCI Heat Release with Vaporization-Cooling-Induces Thermal Stratification using Ethanol SAE 2011-01-1760
- K. Saijyo , et. al. A Numerical Analysis of the Effect of Mixture Heterogeneity on Combustion in a Premixed Charge Compression Ignition Engine The international symposium on diagnostics and modeling of combustion in internal combustion engines 2004 6 239 246
- K. Yoshimura , et. al. Studies on the Effect of Incylinder flow on stratified HCCI Combustion The japan society of mechanical engineers 2017
- K. Yoshimura , et. al. Studies on the Effect of Incylinder Charge Stratifications on High Load HCCI Combustion SAE 2016-32-0010
- S. Watanabe , et. al. The Effect of In-Cylinder Flow and Mixture Distributions on Combustion Characteristics in a HCCI Engine SAE 2017-32-0061
- T. Tsurushima A new skeletal PRF kinetic model for HCCI combustion Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 32 2009 2835 2841
- T. ISHIHARA , et. al. A DNS study of the effects of temperature non-uniformity and turbulence on an autoignition process in a homogeneous n-heptane/air mixture Transactions of the JSME (in Japanese) 80 820 2014