This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High Frequency Vibration Transmission Analysis on Agricultural Tractor by Using Combined Dynamical Energy Analysis and Transfer Path Analysis Approach
Published January 24, 2020 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
Dynamical Energy Analysis (DEA) has recently been introduced as a mesh-based high frequency method modelling structure borne sound for complex built-up structures. Using DEA, the structure-borne sound of an assembled agricultural tractor was calculated and good agreement between measurement and DEA calculations has been shown. However, it is still difficult to model a solid structure as currently DEA is based on wave-transmission calculations through plates and plate-to-plate junctions. Additionally, it is often difficult to generate accurate FE meshes of assembled complex structures because of welds, bolts, and rubber brushes between components. In this paper, we propose a novel method to generate DEA elements based on measurement data in order to model solid parts of a complex structures. The method of Advanced Transfer Path Analysis (ATPA) is employed to extract energy-transmission characteristics of a structure. Firstly, Frequency Response Functions (FRFs) are measured between interface points on a structure. Then the direct transfer functions between all interface points are calculated using ATPA. Finally, DEA elements connecting interface points are calculated. They are based on the ATPA result and therefore represent energy-transmission characteristics of the structure. the proposed method is applied to an agricultural tractor structure in order to generate DEA-TPA elements of a gear casing demonstrating the effectiveness of the proposed method.
CitationMorita, S., Tanner, G., and Richter, M., "High Frequency Vibration Transmission Analysis on Agricultural Tractor by Using Combined Dynamical Energy Analysis and Transfer Path Analysis Approach," SAE Technical Paper 2019-32-0527, 2020.
- Lyon , R. H. and DeJong , R. G. Theory and Application of Statistical Energy Analysis Butterworth-Heinemann Boston 1995
- Kamata , M. , Lalor , N. and Simpson , G. J. Analysis of Engine and Vehicle Noise Using Statistical Energy Analysis Transactions of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 47 6 77 83 1993
- Lin , J. Airplane interior noise modeling using Statistical Energy Analysis approach 5th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference and Exhibit, Aeroacoustics Conferences 1999
- Shorter , P. J. and Langley , R. S. Vibro-acoustic analysis of complex systems Journal of Sound and Vibration 288 669 699 2005
- Cotoni , V. , Shorter , P. J. and Langley , R.S. Numerical and experimental validation of a hybrid finite element-statistical energy analysis method Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 122 259 270 2007
- Xie , G. , Dunne , L. , Secgin , A. and Zoghaib , A. Midfrequency modelling of a car floor structure with hybrid method and SEA International Symposium on the Computational Modelling and Analysis of Vehicle Body Noise and Vibration Sussex, UK 2012
- Yamazaki , T. , Kuroda , K. and Kamata , M. Estimation of SEA Loss Factors by Using Partial FEM Model: Proposal of “FEMSEA”, Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series C 74 747 2655 2661 2008
- Tanner , G Dynamical energy analysis - Determining wave energy distributions in vibro-acoustical structures in the high-frequency regime Journal of Sound and Vibration 320 1023 1038 2009
- Chappell , D. J. , Tanner , G. , Löchel , D. and Søndergaard , N. Discrete flow mapping: transport of phase space densities on triangulated surfaces Proceedings of the Royal Society A 469 20130153 2013
- Chappell , D. J. , Lochel , D. , Sondergaard , N. and Tanner , G. Dynamical energy analysis on mesh grids: A new tool for describing the vibro-acoustic response of complex mechanical structures Wave Motion 51 589 597 2014
- Hartmann , T. , Morita , S. , Tanner , G. and Chappell , D. J. High-frequency structure-borne sound transmission for a tractor model using Dynamical Energy Analysis Wave Motion 87 132 150 2019
- Guasch , O. and Magrans , F. X. The Global Transfer Direct Transfer method applied to a finite simply supported elastic beam Journal of Sound and Vibration 276 335 359 2004
- Morita S. , Hartmann T. and Tanner G. Development of reduction model for Dynamical Energy Analysis and model estimation by using Transfer Path Analysis Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineer 85 869 2019
- Langley , R. S. and Heron , K. H. Elastic wave transmission through plate/beam junctions Journal of Sound and Vibration. 143 241 1990
- Norris A. N. and Rebinsky D. A. Membrane and Flexural Waves on Thin Shells ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 116 457 467 1994
- Chappell , D. J. and Tanner , G. Solving the stationary Liouville equation via a boundary element method Journal of Computational Physics 234 487 498 2013