This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SmartPlay Studio: A Connected Infotainment Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 21, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: NuGen Summit
Infotainment has always been an important aspect of life which has made its way to car design. The cars today are much more advanced compared to their predecessors. The in-vehicle Infotainment advancements have followed the consumer electronics market in terms of technologies such as Touchscreen; App based Navigation, Voice Assistant and other multimedia services. This trend is going to expand further as smartphones have revolutionized the Infotainment domain with awareness and accessibility to customers. The Infotainment system in the cars are expected to be connected not only to the cloud but various vehicle controllers to display host of information & controls at customer`s fingertips. To design a system that supports connectivity to both cloud and vehicle is challenging in terms of cost and design for the OEMs.
With focus on Indian market condition and global trends, this paper analyzes the customer expectation for Connected Infotainment system. It also explains the methodology adopted by Maruti Suzuki India Limited to: (i) Provide a seamless Connected Infotainment system (Smartplay Studio) for its model line-up (ii) Leveraging Smartphone Linkage technologies to offer connected features like Online Music streaming, Navigation (online/offline) with traffic information, News, Weather & Location based services etc. (iii) Cost Optimization through study of Customer Usage pattern of Infotainment features. This paper presents the technical implementation, lesson learned and experiences based on the development of the Maruti Suzuki`s SmartPlay Studio System.
|Technical Paper||History of Motor Sports and Its Role in Education|
|Technical Paper||An Improved Multipurpose Grease For Automotive Applications|
|Technical Paper||Undergraduate Engineering Education - Identifying the Need for Change|
- Pankaj Kumar Bharti - Maruti Suzuki India, Ltd.
- Shashi Kant Roy - Maruti Suzuki India, Ltd.
- Surendra Raghuwanshi - Maruti Suzuki India, Ltd.
- Satish Pandey - Maruti Suzuki India, Ltd.
- Ritesh Khandelwal - Maruti Suzuki India, Ltd.
- Tarun Aggarwal - Maruti Suzuki India, Ltd.
- Satish Kumar Pandey - Maruti Suzuki India, Ltd.
CitationBharti, P., Roy, S., Raghuwanshi, S., Pandey, S. et al., "SmartPlay Studio: A Connected Infotainment Development," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-2440, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-2440.
- Garzon, S.R., “Intelligent In-Car Infotainment Systems: A Contextual Personalized Approach,” Conference Paper-Jine 2012,.
- Market Research Report ID Report ID: GVR-1-68038-921-0 , “Automotive Infotainment Systems Market Analysis by Product Type (Audio Unit, Display Unit, Head-Up Display, Navigation Unit, Communication Unit) by Fit Type (OE Fitted, Aftermarket), by Application, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2018-2025.
- Strayer, D.L., Cooper, J.M., Goethe, R.M., McCarty, M.M., Getty, D., and Biondi, F. , “Visual and Cognitive Demands of Using In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems,” Ph.D. Department of Psychology School of Social and Behavioral Science University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT, October 2017.
- Galarza, M.A., Bayona, T., and Paradells, J. , “Integration of an Adaptive Infotainment System in a Vehicle and Validation in Real Driving Scenarios,” Hindawi International Journal of Vehicular Technology 2017, Article ID 4531780, 10 pages, doi:10.1155/2017/4531780.
- Kollaikal, P., Ravuri, S., and Ruvinsk, E. , “Connected Cars,” Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology Technical Report.