This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Analysis of Aluminium-Flyash Composite for Connecting Rod
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
In this modern era of rapid growth of technology and need of economical machining processes and materials, there is an increasing demand for new materials for different mechanical applications. Composites with fly ash as reinforcement are likely to overcome the cost barrier for wide spread applications in automotive and small engine applications. To improve wettability, elements such as Mg and Si are added into Al melt to incorporate the ceramic particles. The chemical composition and engineering properties of fly ash, its physical and chemical properties make it an ideal raw material for producing various application based composites. The main objective is to fabricate an Aluminium- Flyash composite material suitable for parts like engine connecting rod which demand high strength and temperature sustainability at comparatively less weight. The composite will be made using casting process and Engine connecting rod will be designed in AutoCAD software. The design will be analyzed with the help of Ansys with Aluminium and Aluminium- Flyash composite (at different compositions).
CitationNuthalapati, S. and Malkapuram, D., "Design and Analysis of Aluminium-Flyash Composite for Connecting Rod," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0166, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0166.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Gadade, P. and Arun, L.R. , “Characterization of Aluminium Flyash-Alumina Composite for Piston Analysis by Cae Tools,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology 2, 2013.
- Kailas more1, Sadaphale, D.B., “IC Engine ALFASIC Composite Connecting Rod,” in International Conference on Global Trends in Engineering, Technology and Management, 2016.
- Kuldeep, B., Arun, L.R., and Faheem, M. , “Analysis and Optimization of Connecting Rod Using α-Sic Composites,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology 2, 2013.
- Kandagal, F. and Patil, B. , “Weight Optimization of Connecting Rod by Al-Si Metal Matrix Reinforced with Alumina and Flyash,” International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) 3, August 2014.
- Nanjayyanamath, Niranjan, Sugandhi, Raghavendra, Balanayak, Santosh , “Mechanical Properties of Flyash Reinforced Aluminium 6061 Composite,” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), 55-59, National Conference On Innovative Approaches In Mechanical Engineering.
- Mukkawar, V.V., Kadam, A.P., Abhijitn, I., and Mangeshd, C. , “Design- Analysis and Optimization of Connecting Rod Using Ansys,” International Journal of Advances in Mechanical and Civil Engineering 2, April-2015.
- Reddy, G.K. and Vadithe, B.N. , “Design and Analysis of Connecting Rod,” IJRAET 6, MAY 2017.
- Yazici, Semsi and Hasan, Sahan Arel , “Effects of Fly Ash Fineness on the Mechanical Properties of Concrete,” Indian Academy of Sciences, 389-403, 37, Part 3, June 2012.
- Anilkumar, H.C., Hebbar, H.S., and Ravishankar, K.S. , “Mechanical Properties of Fly Ash Reinforced Aluminium Alloy (Al6061) Composites,” International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering (IJMME) 6:41-45, 2011.
- Wable, Satish, Dattatray, S., Galhe, Rajkumar Mankar, L. , “A Review on Design and Optimization of Connecting Rod,” IJARIIE 2, 2016, ISSN (O)-2395-4396.
- Hussin, M.A., Sinha, P.K., and Darbari, A.S. , “Design and Analysis of Connecting Rod Using Aluminium Alloy 7068 T6, T6511,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET) 5(10):57-69, October 2014.
- Muruganandhan, P., Eswaramoorthi, M. , “Aluminum Composite with Fly Ash - A Review,” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), ISSN: 2278-1684, 11, Ver. III, 2014, 38-41.
- Razzaq, A.M., Abang, D.L. Majid, Abdul, Ishak, M.R. and Uday, M.B. , “Microstructural Characterization of Fly Ash Particulate Reinforced AA6063 Aluminium Alloy for Aerospace Applications,” in AEROS Conference, 2017.
- Ashish, Chauhan, Chauhan, Himanshu, Mamgain, Ravindra, Sharma, Kapil , “Variation of Mechanical Properties (Tensile Strength and Impact Strength) of Al6061/(Al2O3 and Fly-Ash), Hybrid Metal Matrix Composite Produced by Stir Casting,” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 8, 7, ISSN 2229-5518, July-2017.