This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimization of RF Magnetron Sputtering Parameters for Deposition of Zinc Oxide Semiconductor Film at Moderate Temperature of 100°C
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Zinc oxide semiconductor thin films are deposited on glass substrate at different RF magnetron sputtering parameters. The deposited films were characterized as a function of substrate - target distance, gas flow ratio, working pressure and RF power. X-ray diffraction, Field emission scanning electron microscopy, and hall measurement were utilized to analyze the effect of the deposition condition on the structure, surface morphology and electrical properties of ZnO thin films. The deposition conditions were optimized to give good quality films suitable for the application of flexible or invisible flat panel display. All the films were deposited at 100°C.
CitationMuthukarappan, A., Jeyaseelan, C., Paramathma, B., and Park, S., "Optimization of RF Magnetron Sputtering Parameters for Deposition of Zinc Oxide Semiconductor Film at Moderate Temperature of 100°C," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0150, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0150.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Banerjee, A.N., Joo, S.W., and Min, B.K., “Nanocrystalline ZnO Thin Film Deposition on Flexible Substrate by Low-Temperature Sputtering Process for Plastic Displays,” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol 14(10):7970-7975, 2014.
- Lin, Y.-Y., Hsu, C.-C., Tseng, M.-H., Shyue, J.-J., and Tsai, F.-Y., “Stable and High Performance Flexible ZnO Thin Film Transistors by Atomic Layer Deposition,” ACS Appl. Mater. Inter 7(40):22610-22617, 2015.
- Tian, K., Tudu, B., and Tiwari, A., “Growth and Characterization of Zinc Oxide Thin Films on Flexible Substrates at Low Temperature Using Pulsed Laser Deposition,” Vacuum 146:483-491, 2017.
- Belmoubarik, M., Nozaki, T., Endo, H., and Sahashi, M., “Investigation of ZnO Thin Films Deposited on Ferromagnetic Metallic Buffer Layer by Molecular Beam Epitaxy toward Realization of ZnO-Based Magnetic Tunneling Junction,” J. Appl. Phys 113:17C106, 2013.
- Li, X., Shen, R., Zhang, B., Dong, X. et al., “Nitrogen Doped ZnO Thin Films Prepared by Photo Assisted Metal-Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition,” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol 11(11):9741-9744, 2011.
- Oruc, F.B., Aygun, L.E., Donmez, I., Biyikli, N., and Okyaya, A.K., “Low Temperature Atomic Layer Deposited ZnO Photo Thin Film Transistors,” J. Vacuum. Sci. Technol 33(1):01A105-01A101, 2015.
- Peksu, E. and Karaagac, H., “Doping and Annealing Effects on Structural, Electrical and Optical Properties of Tin-Doped Zinc-Oxide Thin Films,” J. Alloys. Compd 764:616-625, 2018.
- Dahnoun, M., Attaf, A., Saidi, H., Yahia, A., and Khelifi, C., “Structural, Optical and Electrical Properties of Zinc Oxide Thin Films Deposited by Sol-Gel Coating Technique,” Optik 134:53-59, 2017.
- Dominguez, M.A., Flores, F., Martinez, J., and Orduna-Diaz, A., “Effects of Low Temperature Annealing on Electrical Properties of Thin Film Transistors Based on Zinc Oxide Films Deposited by Ultrasonic Spray Pyrolysis: Impact of Annealing Time,” Thin Solid Films 615:243-246, 2016.
- Sidek, F., Noedin, A.N., and Othman, R., “Optimization of Zinc Oxide Thin Films for Silicon Surface Acoustic Wave Resonator Applications,” Adv. Mater. Res 518-523:3772-3779, 2012.
- Abdallaha, B., Jazmatia, A.K., and Refaaia, R., “Oxygen Effect on Structural and Optical Properties of ZnO Thin Films Deposited by RF Magnetron Sputtering,” Mater. Res 20(3):607-612, 2017.
- Viswanathan, K., Shyju, T.S., Ramachandran, D., and Pradhaban, G., “Electric Properties of ZnO Thin Films by RF Magnetron Sputtering Technique,” Mater. Today. Proc 3:1548-1552, 2016.
- Kim, C., Kim, S., and Lee, C., “Effects of RF Power and Substrate Temperature during RF Magnetron Sputtering on Crystal Quality of ZnO Thin Films,” Jpn. J. Appl. Phys 44(12):8501-8503, 2005.
- Muchuweni, E., Sathiaraj, T.S., and Nyakotyo, H., “Physical Properties of Gallium and Aluminium Co-Doped Zinc Oxide Thin Films Deposited at Different Radio Frequency Magnetron Sputtering Power,” Ceram. Int 42(15):17706-17710, 2016.
- Dave, P.Y., Patel, K.H., Chauhan, K.V., Chawla, A.K., and Rawal, S.K., “Examination of Zinc Oxide Films Prepared by Magnetron Sputtering,” Proc. Technol 23:328-335, 2016.
- Settaouti, A. and Settaouti, L., “Simulation of the Transport of Sputtered Atoms and Effects of Processing Conditions,” Appl. Surf. Sci 254:5750-5756, 2008.
- Bortoletoa, J.R.R., Chavesa, M., Rosab, A.M., Da Silvaa, E.P. et al., “Growth Evolution of Self-Textured ZnO Films Deposited by Magnetron Sputtering at Low Temperatures,” Appl. Surf. Sci 334:210-215, 2015.
- Tüzemen, S., Xiong, G., Wilkinson, J., Mischuck, B. et al., “Production and Properties of P-N Junctions in Reactively Sputtered ZnO,” Physica B: Condensed Matter 308:1197-1200, 2001.
- Xiong, G., Wilkinson, J., Mischuck, B., Tüzemen, S. et al., “Control of P- and N-Type Conductivity in Sputter Deposition of Undoped ZnO,” Appl. Phys. Lett 80(7):1195-1197, 2002.
- Yao, Q.J. and Li, D.J., “Fabrication and Property Study of Thin Film Transistor Using Rf Sputtered ZnO as Channel Layer,” J. Non-Cryst. Solids 351:3191-3194, 2005.
- Menon, R., Sreenivas, K., and Gupta, V., “Influence of Stress on the Structural and Dielectric Properties of Rf Magnetron Sputtered Zinc Oxide Thin Film,” J. Appl. Phys 103:094903, 2008.
- Houng, B., Hsi, C.S., Hou, B.Y., and Fu, S.L., “Effect of Process Parameters on the Growth and Properties of Impurity-Doped Zinc Oxide Transparent Conducting Thin Films by RF Magnetron Sputtering,” Vacuum 83(3):534-539, 2008.