This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Analysis of Sigma Z-Source Inverter for PV Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Traditional Voltage Source Inverter (VSI) produces lesser output voltage than the input and causes shoot-through due to the gating of the semiconductor device connected in same leg. The ZSI is used to overcome the inadequacies of VSI. The ZSI has been extensively used in electric drives, PV system and UPS. The conventional ZSI suffers some disadvantages like restricted boost capability, discontinuity in input current and large inrush current. These limitations are overcome by using a transformer which replaces the inductor in the impedance source network. In high-voltage gain applications, the single transformer-based ZSI topologies requires more turns ratio which requires large size transformer. For improving the boost capability, the TZSI is used. The Z-source network of the TZSI constitutes two transformers with low turns ratio. TZSI has certain demerits such as restricted boost capability, high inrush current and discontinuity in the input current. However, TZSI requires high turns ratio to increase the boost capability. Thus, the modified ZSI, i.e. sigma ZSI is investigated in this paper. The sigma ZSI has the advantage of having reduced turns ratio with enhanced boost capability.
CitationNallathambi, K., Rangarajan, U., and Daniel, A., "Design and Analysis of Sigma Z-Source Inverter for PV Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0123, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0123.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Peng, F.Z. , “Z-Source Inverter,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., 2003.
- Siwakoti, Y.P., Loh, P.C., Blaabjerg, F., and Town, G.E. , “Y-Source Impedance Network,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron, 2014.
- Zhu, M., Yu, K., and Luo, F.L. , “Switched Inductor Z-Source Inverter,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 2010.
- Shen, M., Wang, J., Joseph, A., Peng, F.Z. et al. , “Constant Boost Control of the Z-Source Inverter to Minimize Current Ripple and Voltage Stress,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., 2006.
- Peng, F.Z., Shen, M., and Qian, Z. , “Maximum Boost Control of the Z-Source Inverter,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 20(4):833-838, 2005.
- Poh Chiang Loh, D., Vilathgamuwa, M., Lai, Y.S., Chua, G.T., and Li, Y. , “Pulse-Width Modulation of Z-Source Inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 20(6):1346-1355, 2005.
- Hanif, M., Basu, M., and Gaughan, K. , “Understanding the Operation of a Z-Source Inverter for Photovoltaic Application with a Design Example,” IET Power Electronics. 4(3):278-287, 2011, doi:10.1049/iet-pel.2009.0176.
- Siwakoti, Y.P., Peng, F.Z., Blaabjerg, F., Loh, P.C., and Town, G.E. , “Impedance Source Network for Electric Power Conversion Part-I: A Topological Review,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 30(2):699-716, 2015.
- Siwakoti, Y.P., Blaabjerg, F., and Lo, P.C. , “New Magnetically Coupled Impedance Source Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 31(11):7419-7435, 2016.
- Siwakoti, Y.P., Peng, F.Z., Blaabjerg, F., Lo, P.C., and Town, G.E. , “Impedance-Source Networks for Electric Power Conversion Part II: Review of Control and Modulation Techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 30(4):1887-1906, 2015.
- Huang, Y., Shen, M., Peng, F.Z., and Wang, J. , “Z-Source Inverter for Residential Photovoltaic Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 21(6):1776-1782, 2006.
- Soon, J.J. and Low, K.-S. , “Sigma Z-Source Inverters,” IET power Electronics 8(5):715-723, 2015.