This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Data Acquisition and Analysis System: Telemetry in Automotive
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Digital data extraction is the most important and advance informative system that are embedded in the modern world functioning machinery to acquire the most precise feedback about the real-time operational situation of the machine to the control centre of operation. This data that is acquired from the machinery can be used to increase the efficiency, operational timing, production-cost and the overall human effort that is required for the operation. This paper focuses on the development on the advanced telemetry system that is capable to acquire real-time data of the modern vehicle wirelessly during its motion. A mobile automotive telemetry system for installation on-board a vehicle, includes: diagnostic structure for monitoring operational functions of the vehicle and generating operational information; memory for storing the generated operational information; and a server, in communication with the diagnostic structure and the memory. The server includes: (a) structure to receive a request from a remote client for the generated operational information; (b) structure to retrieve the generated operational information from the memory; and (c) structure to transmit the generated operational information to the remote client.
CitationRastogi, D., Kumar, G., and Naiju, C., "Development of Data Acquisition and Analysis System: Telemetry in Automotive," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0075, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0075.
- Phillip , T. , Nathan , G. , Abhir , B. , Sarabjot , A. et al. Data Mining for Vehicle Telemetry Applied Artificial Intelligence 30 233 256 2016 10.1080/08839514.2016.1156954
- Orme , R. , Penfold , G. , and Thomas , K. Telemetry System for Data Acquisition from Test Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 690727 1969 10.4271/690727
- Gago Calderón , A. , Ruiz , G.G. , Bohórquez , A. , and Carlos , G. GPRS Telemetry System for High-Efficiency Electric Competition Vehicles EVS27 International Battery, Hybrid and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Symposium 2013 1 6
- Chandiramani , J.R. , Bhandari , S. , and Hariprasad , S.A. Vehicle Data Acquisition and Telemetry 2014 Fifth International Conference on Signal and Image Processing, IEEE 2014 10.1109/ICSIP.2014.35
- Gianfranco , E. , Modoni , M.S. , and Terkaj , W. A Telemetry-Driven Approach to Simulate Data-Intensive Manufacturing Processes 49th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems (CIRP-CMS 2016), Procedia CIRP 2016 57 281 285
- Nathanson , D.N. Jul. 17, 2001