This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study on Verification of Alloy ASTM A510 High-Speed Micro Turning by Parameters Validation through Ranking Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
In the details and assembly, in the range of less than 1 mm, the number of functions increases, and the demand for industrial products in which the size and characteristics of components are decreasing is increasing. Micromachining is the most basic technology for producing these small parts and components. In this study, a series of turning operations, micromachining parameters, were performed under microscopic conditions to obtain the best response for the benefit of the industry. The needle is very high. Speed (3000, 3500, 4000 rpm), pre- (20, 40, 80 μm / sec), depth of cut (0.2.0.4.0.8 μm), tool radius (0.4.08, 1, 2 mm). Surface quality, material removal rates, energy consumption, and tool wear differences for various input process variables were investigated. Once the experiment is complete, we will develop an optimization strategy for this set of input parameters to improve responsiveness using the Grey Relational Analysis (GRA) and ANOVA. Therefore, the model can create micro-process parameters to achieve the highest product accuracy and improved performance.
- Ganesh Babu Loganathan - Tishk International University
- Sundar Singh Sivam Sundarlingam Paramasivam - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Durai Kumaran - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Krishnaswamy Saravanan - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Raj Rajendran - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
CitationLoganathan, G., Sivam Sundarlingam Paramasivam, S., Kumaran, D., Saravanan, K. et al., "Experimental Study on Verification of Alloy ASTM A510 High-Speed Micro Turning by Parameters Validation through Ranking Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0071, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0071.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 8]|
- Brousseau, E.B., Dimov, S.S., and Pham, D.T. , “Some Recent Advances in Multimaterial Micro- and Nano-Manufacturing,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 47:161-180, 2010.
- Rahman, M.A., Rahman, M., Kumar, A.S., and Lim, H.S. , “CNC Microturning: An Application to Miniaturization,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture 45(6):631-639, 2005.
- Chae, J., Park, S.S., and Freiheit, T. , “Investigation of Micro Cutting Operation,” International Journal of Machine Tool & Manufacture 46(3-4):313-332, 2006.
- Meng, Q., Arsecularatne, J.A., and Mathew, P. , “Calculation of Optimum Machining Parameters for Turning Operations Using a Machining Theory,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture 40(12):1709-1733, 2000.
- Gutowski, T., Dahmus, J., Thiriez, A. , 2006, “Electrical Energy Requirements for Manufacturing Processes,” in Proceedings of 13th CIRP International Conference on Life Cycle Engineering, Leuven, Belgium, 5-11.
- Walsh, R.A. , “Handbook of Machining and Metalworking Calculations,” 2001.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S. et al , “Multi Response Optimization of Setting Input Variables for Getting Better Product Quality in Machining of Magnesium AM60 by Grey Relation Analysis and ANOVA,” Periodica Polytechnica Mechanical Engineering, [S.l.], 2017, doi:10.3311/PPme.11034.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Gopal, M., Venkatasamy, S., and Singh, S. , “An Experimental Investigation and Optimisation of Ecological Machining Parameters on Aluminium 6063 in its Annealed and Unannealed Form,” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 46-53, 2015.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Gopal, M., Venkatasamy, S., Singh, Siddhartha , 2015, “Application of Forming Limit Diagram and Yield Surface Diagram to Study Anisotropic Mechanical Properties of Annealed and Unannealed SPRC 440E Steels,” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 15-22, ISSN: 0974-2115.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Kumar, A.L., Moorthy, K.S. and Rajendrakumar , “Investigation Exploration Outcome of Heat Treatment on Corrosion Resistance of AA 5083 in Marine Application,” Journal of Science and Technology 14(S2):453-460, 2016, ISSN 0972-768X.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Umasekar, V.G., Mishra, A., Mishra, S., and Mondal, A. , “Orbital Cold Forming Technology - Combining High Quality Forming with Cost Effectiveness - A Review,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology 9(38), October 2016, doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i38/91426.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., UmaSekar, V.G., Saravanan, K., RajendraKumar, S. et al. , “Frequently Used Anisotropic Yield Criteria for Sheet Metal Applications: A Review,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology 9(47), December 2016b, doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/92107.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Bhat, M.D.J., Natarajan, S., and Chauhan, N. , “Analysis of Residual Stresses, Thermal Stresses, Cutting Forces and Other Output Responses of Face Milling Operation on ze41 Magnesium Alloy,” International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies, X, 1:92-100, 2018, ISSN 2067-3604.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Saravanan, K., Pradeep, N., Moorthy, K., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “The Grey Relational Analysis and Anova to Determine the Optimum Process Parameters for Friction Stir Welding of Ti and mg Alloys,” Periodica Polytechnica Mechanical Engineering, doi:10.3311/PPme.12117.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Saravanan, K., Pradeep, N., Rajendra Kumar, S., and Karuppiah, S. , “Comparison of Manufacturing Data Analysis for 5 & 3-Axis Vertical Machining Center for the Time and Tool Benefits of Industries,” International Journal of Engineering & Technology 7(4.5):196-201, 2018, doi:10.14419/ijet.v7i4.5.20044.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Saravanan, K., Pradeep, N., Rajendra Kumar, S. et al. , “Development of Vibrator Feeding Mechanism Using Two Sets of Rollers for the Separation of Ball Grading for Industry Benefits,” International Journal of Engineering & Technology 7(4.5):202-206, 2018, doi:10.14419/ijet.v7i4.5.20045.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Rajasekaran, A., RajendraKumar, S., SathiyaMoorthy, K., and Gopal, M. , “A Study of Cooling Time, Copper Reduction and Effects of Alloying Elements on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of SG Iron Casting during Machining,” Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2019, doi:10.1080/14484846.2018.1560679.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Kumaran, D., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., Rajendrakumar, S., and Moorthy, K.S. , “Thickness Distribution and Numerical Modelling of Conventional Superplastic Forming in AA2024 ALLOY,” International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies X(2):76, 85, 2018, ISSN 2067-3604.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., RajendraKumar, S., Karuppiah, S., and Rajasekaran, A. , “Competitive Study of Engineering Change Process Management in Manufacturing Industry Using Product Life Cycle Management - A Case Study,” in 2017 International Conference on Inventive Computing and Informatics (ICICI), Coimbatore, 2017, 76-81, doi:10.1109/ICICI.2017.8365247.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Umasekar, V.G., Suresh Kumar, P.S., and Raja, S. , “Study on Micro Structural Characteristics and Mechanical Behaviour of AISI1050 Steel under Various Heat Treatments,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):15-20, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.04.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., and Rameez, T.P.M. , “Optimization of Passenger Car Door Impact Beam Using Quasi Static CAE Analysis,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):21-26, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.05.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Saravanan, K., Loganathan, G.B., Kumaran, D., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “Root Cause Analysis for Failure of Door Lock Case Assembly during Caulking Process,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):11-14, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.03.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “Numerical Evaluation and Influence of Product Quality and Its Defects Measures on the Drawing of Stainless Steel Cross Member for Automobiles,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):107-112, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.19.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K. et al. , “Experimental Study and Ignition Fire Risk Mapping on Friction Stir Welding Parameters of Dissimilar Alloys for the Benefits of Environment,” Materials Today: Proceedings, doi:10.1016/j.matpr.2019.06.652.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Umasekar, V.G., Loganathan, G.B., Kumaran, D., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “Multi Response Optimization of Setting Process Variables in Face Milling of ZE41 Magnesium Alloy Using Ranking Algorithms and ANOVA,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):47-56, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.10.