This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Function of Taguchi Grey Relation Analysis for Influencing the Process Parameter for Getting Better Product Quality and Minimize the Industrial Pollution by Coolants in Turning of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Cutting liquids are important for cutting titanium. In spite of the fact that ventures are discovering routes that to cut titanium dry, the properties of this material reason imperative deterrents for doing this. It is sticky, has low Thermal conductivity, and highlights a low flash point. Thus, the chips don't divert the warmth, and the work will get sufficiently hot to touch off and consume. Cutting Fluids thwart the issue by greasing up the sting, flushing the chips away and cooling the work piece. To guarantee that the cutting liquid plays out these capacities well, titanium combinations lean toward cutting liquids conveyed at a high weight, generally inside the scope of 4,000 psi. to 7,000 psi. This thinks about reports the aftereffects of a Turning test led on the Ti- 6Al- 4V compound of the symmetrical exhibit with Grey relational analysis by Taguchi Method. Spotlights on the improvement of Turning process parameters utilizing the system to get least surface Roughness (Ra), Maximum MRR, Min Tool Wear and Thrust Force with Minimum Industrial pollutants like coolant. Various Turning tests were led abuse the L9 symmetrical cluster on CNC Turning focus. The tests were performed on Ti- 6Al- 4V composite square of cutting apparatus of a CNMP120408-SM TN8025of 12 mm diameter across with cutting point 140 degrees, utilized all through the exploratory work underneath various cutting conditions. Grey relational Analysis & ANOVA was utilized to work out the principal imperative Cutting velocity, feed rate, Depth of Cut, and Different greases conditions which influencing the reaction. The fundamental and collaboration impact of the information factors on the normal reactions are researched. The normal qualities and estimated esteems are genuinely close. The given model could be utilized to choose the level of turning process parameters.
- Sundar Singh Sivam Sundarlingam Paramasivam - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Ganesh Babu Loganathan - Tishk International University
- Durai Kumaran - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Krishnaswamy Saravanan - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Raj Rajendran - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Harish Sriram - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
CitationSivam Sundarlingam Paramasivam, S., Loganathan, G., Kumaran, D., Saravanan, K. et al., "Function of Taguchi Grey Relation Analysis for Influencing the Process Parameter for Getting Better Product Quality and Minimize the Industrial Pollution by Coolants in Turning of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0065, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0065.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 8]|
- Chan, J.W.K. and Tong, T.K.L. , “Multi-Criteria Material Selections and End-of-Life Product Strategy: Grey Relational Analysis Approach,” Materials & Design. 28(5):1539-1546, 2007, doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2006.02.016.
- Tzeng, Y.F. and Chen, F.C. , “Multi Objective Process Optimization for Turning of Tool Steels,” International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials 1(1):76-93, 2006, doi:10.1504/IJMMM.2006.010659.
- Chang, C.K. and Lu, H.S. , “Design Optimization of Cutting Parameters for Side Milling Operations with Multiple Performance Characteristics,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 32(1-2):18-26, 2007, doi:10.1007/s00170-005-0313-5.
- Sundar Singh, S.P., Lakshman Kumar, A., Sathiya Moorthy, K., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “Investigation Exploration Outcome of Heat Treatment on Corrosion Resistance of AA 5083 in Marine Application,” International Journal of Chemical Sciences, 15-22, 2015, ISSN 0972-768 X.
- Hrelja, M., Klancnik, S., Irgolic, T., Paulic, M. et al. , “Particle Swarm Optimization Approach for Modelling a Turning Process,” Advances in Production Engineering & Management. 9(1):21-30, 2014, doi:10.14743/apem2014.1.173.
- Sundar Singh Sivam, S.P., Umasekar, V.G., Mishra, S., Mishra, A., and Mondal, A. , “Orbital Cold Forming Technology - Combining High Quality Forming with Cost Effectiveness - a Review,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology 9(38), October 2016, doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i38/91426.
- Nian, C.Y., Yang, W.H., and Tarng, Y.S. , “Optimization of Turning Operations with Multiple Performance Characteristics,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology 95:90-96, 1999.
- Sundar Singh Sivam, S.P., UmaSekar, V.G., Saravanan, K., RajendraKumar, S. et al. , “Frequently Used Anisotropic Yield Criteria for Sheet Metal Applications: A Review,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology 9(47), December 2016, doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/92107.
- Sundar Singh Sivam, S.P., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K., et al. , “Experimental Study and Ignition Fire Risk Mapping on Friction Stir Welding Parameters of Dissimilar Alloys for the Benefits of Environment,” in Materials Today: Proceedings, doi:10.1016/j.matpr.2019.06.652
- Fung, C.P. , “Manufacturing Process Optimization for Wear Property of Fiber-Reinforced Polybutylene Terephthalate Composites with Grey Relational Analysis,” Wear 254:298-306, 2003.
- Gopalsamy, B.M., Mondal, B., and Ghosh, S. , “Optimisation of Machining Parameters for Hard Machining: Grey Relational Theory Approach and ANOVA,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 45:1068-1086, 2009.
- Dewangan, S. and Biswas, C.K. , “Optimization of Machining Parameters Using Grey Relation Analysis for EDM with Impulse Flushing,” International Journal for Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems 6:144-158, 2013.
- Sundar Singh Sivam, S.P., Gopal, M., Venkatasamy, S., and Singh, S. , “An Experimental Investigation and Optimisation of Ecological Machining Parameters on Aluminium 6063 in its Annealed and Unannealed Form,” Journal of Chemical And Pharmaceutical Sciences 46-53, 2015.
- Sundar Singh Sivam, S.P., Deepak Ji, M., Natarajan, S., and Chauhan, N. , “Analysis of Residual Stresses, Thermal Stresses, Cutting Forces and Other Output Responses of Face Milling Operation on ze41 Magnesium Alloy,” International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies, X(1): 92-100, 2018, ISSN 2067-3604.
- Sundar Singh Sivam, S.P., Kumaran, D., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., Rajendrakumar, S., and Sathiya Moorthy, K. , “Thickness Distribution and Numerical Modelling of Conventional Superplastic Forming in AA2024 Alloy,” International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies, X(2): 76-85, 2018, ISSN 2067-3604, .
- Sundar Singh Sivam S.P., et al. , “The Grey Relational Analysis and ANOVA to Determine the Optimum Process Parameters for Friction Stir Welding of Ti and Mg Alloys,” Periodica Polytechnica Mechanical Engineering, 2018, ISSN 1587-379X, doi:10.3311/PPme.12117
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., RajendraKumar, S., Karuppiah, S., and Rajasekaran, A. , “Competitive Study of Engineering Change Process Management in Manufacturing Industry Using Product Life Cycle Management - A Case Study,” International Conference on Inventive Computing and Informatics (ICICI), Coimbatore 2017:76-81, 2017, doi:10.1109/ICICI.2017.8365247.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Umasekar, V.G., Suresh Kumar, P.S., and Raja, S. , “Study on Micro Structural Characteristics and Mechanical Behaviour of AISI1050 Steel under Various Heat Treatments,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):15-20, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.04.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., and Rameez, T.P.M. , “Optimization of Passenger Car Door Impact Beam Using Quasi Static CAE Analysis,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):21-26, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.05.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Saravanan, K., Loganathan, G.B., Kumaran, D., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “Root Cause Analysis for Failure of Door Lock Case Assembly during Caulking Process,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):11-14, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.03.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “Numerical Evaluation and Influence of Product Quality and its Defects Measures on the Drawing of Stainless Steel Cross Member for Automobiles,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):107-112, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.19.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Umasekar, V.G., Loganathan, G.B., Kumaran, D., and Rajendrakumar, S. , “Multi Response Optimization of Setting Process Variables in Face Milling of ZE41 Magnesium Alloy Using Ranking Algorithms and ANOVA,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):47-56, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.10.