This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Mechanical Properties and Multi Response Optimization of Process Parameters for Showing Signs of Improvement Product Quality in Drilling AlSi7Cu4 Utilizing GRA in Taguchi Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Showing and streamlining of cutting parameters are a champion among the most essential components in drilling processes. This examination displays the change of drilling procedures parameters on AlSi7Cu4 made by Gravity Die Casting and with replies in light of OA with Taughi GRA and ANOVA. The effects of alloying parts were bear on the Chemical Composition, microstructures, mechanical property, Hardness, X-Ray and S Das response is particularly analyzed. Motivations on the progression of Drilling parameters using the Taguchi strategy to obtain slightest surface Roughness (Ra), Circularity Error, Burr size and Thrust Force. Different Drilling Trails were coordinated using the L9 OA on CNC Milling machine. The examinations were accomplished on AlSi7Cu4 composite piece cutting tool of an ISO 460.1-1140-034A0-XM GC3 of 12 mm measurement with Tool 140 degrees, used all through the preliminary work under dry cutting conditions. The central and participation effect of the data factors on the foreseen responses are analyzed. The foreseen regards and estimated regards are really close. The given system could be utilized to pick the level of infiltrating constraints. A recognizable saving in machining time and thing cost can be gotten by using this model.
- Sundar Singh Sivam Sundarlingam Paramasivam - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Ganesh Babu Loganathan - TISHIK University
- Krishnaswamy Saravanan - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Durai Kumaran - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
- Raj Rajendran - SRM Institute Of Science And Technology
CitationSivam Sundarlingam Paramasivam, S., Loganathan, G., Saravanan, K., Kumaran, D. et al., "A Study on Mechanical Properties and Multi Response Optimization of Process Parameters for Showing Signs of Improvement Product Quality in Drilling AlSi7Cu4 Utilizing GRA in Taguchi Method," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0058, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0058.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
- Davim, J.P. , “Study of Drilling Metal-Matrix Composites Based on the Taguchi Techniques,” J Mater Process Technol 132:250-254, 2003.
- Tosun, G. and Muratoglu, M., “The Drilling of Al/SiCp Metal Matrix Composites. Part I: Microstructure,” Compos Sci Tech 64:209-308, 2004.
- Davim, J.P. , “Design of Optimization of Cutting Parameters for Turning Metal Matrix Composites Based on the Orthogonal Arrays,” J Mater Process Technol 132:340-344, 2003.
- Manna, A. and Bhattacharayya, B., “A Study of Machinability of Al-SiC Metal Matrix Composites,” J Mater Process Technol 140:711-716, 2003.
- Shew, Y.W. and Kwong, C.K., “Optimization of the Plated through Hole(PTH) Process Using Experimental Design and Response Methodology,” Int J Adv Manuf Technol 20:758-764, 2002.
- Erner, D.S. , “Optimization of the Constrained Machining Economics Problem by Geometric Programming,” ASME J Eng Ind 93:1067-1072, 1971.
- Lin, T.R. , “Cutting Behavior of a TiN-Coated Carbide Drill with Curved Cutting Edges during the High-Speed Machining of Stainless Steel,” J Mater Process Technol 127:8-16, 2002.
- Tosun, N. , “Determination of Optimum Parameters for Multiperformance Characteristics in Drilling by Using Grey Relational Analysis,” Int J Adv Manuf Technol 28:450-455, 2006.
- Lin, C.L., Lin, J.L., and Ko, T.C., “Optimization of the EDM Process Based on the Orthogonal Array with Fuzzy Logic and Grey Relational Analysis Method,” Int J Adv Manuf Technol 19:271-277, 2002.
- Deng, J. , “Introduction to Grey System,” Grey Syst 1:1-24, 1989.
- Jeyapaul, R., Shahabudeen, P., and Krishnaiah, K., “Quality Management Research by Considering Multi-Response Problems in the Taguchi Method - A Review,” Int J Adv Manuf Technol 26:1331-1337, 2005.
- NoorulHaq, A., Marimuthu, P., and Jeyapaul, R., “Multi Response Optimization of Machining Parameters of Drilling Al/SiC Metal Matrix Composite Using Grey Relational Analysis in the Taguchi Method 2007,” Int J AdvManufTechnol 37:250-255, 2008, doi:10.1007/s00170-007-0981-4.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Sekar, V.G.U., Saravanan, K., RajendraKumar, S. et al., “Frequently Used Anisotropic Yield Criteria for Sheet Metal Applications: A Review,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 9(47), Dec 2016, doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/92107.
- Sundar Singh Sivam, S.P., Gopal, M., Venkatasamy, S., and Singh, S., “Application of Forming Limit Diagram and Yield Surface Diagram to Study Anisotropic Mechanical Properties of Annealed and Unannealed SPRC 440E Steels,” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 15-22, 2015, ISSN: 0974-2115.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Lakshmankumar, A., Sathiya Moorthy, K., and Rajendra Kumar, “Investigation Exploration Outcome of Heat Treatment on Corrosion Resistance of AA 5083 in Marine Application,” International Journal of Chemical Sciences, 15-22, 2015, ISSN 0972-768 X.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Umasekar, V.G., Mishra, S., Mishra, A., and ArpanMondal, “Orbital Cold Forming Technology-Combining High Quality Forming with Cost Effectiveness - A Review,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 9(38), October 2016, doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i38/91426.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Bhat, M.D.J., Natarajan, S., Chauhan, Nishant, “Analysis of Residual Stresses, Thermal Stresses, Cutting Forces and Other Output Responses of Face Milling Operation on ze41 Magnesium Alloy,” International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies X(1):92-100, 2018, ISSN 2067-3604.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S. et al., “The Grey Relational Analysis and Annova to Determine the Optimum Process Parameters for Friction Stir Welding of Ti and Mg Alloys,” Periodica Polytechnica Mechanical Engineering, 2018, doi:10.3311/PPme.12117.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Rajendra Kumar, S., Karuppiah, S., and Rajasekaran, A., “Competitive Study of Engineering Change Process Management in Manufacturing Industry Using Product Life Cycle Management - A Case Study,” International Conference on Inventive Computing and Informatics (ICICI), Coimbatore, 2017, 76-81, doi:10.1109/ICICI.2017.8365247.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Kumaran, D., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., Rajendrakumar, S., Moorthy, K.S., “Thickness Distribution And Numerical Modelling Of Conventional Superplastic Forming In AA2024 Alloy,” International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies , X(2):76-85, 2018, ISSN 2067-3604.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S. et al., “Multi Response Optimization of Setting Input Variables for Getting Better Product Quality in Machining of Magnesium AM60 by Grey Relation Analysis and ANOVA,” Periodica Polytechnica Mechanical Engineering, 2017, doi:10.3311/PPme.11034.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Umasekar, V.G., Suresh Kumar, P.S., and Raja, S., “Study on Micro Structural Characteristics and Mechanical Behaviour of AISI1050 Steel under Various Heat Treatments,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):15-20, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.04.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., and Rameez, T.P.M., “Optimization of Passenger Car Door Impact Beam Using Quasi Static CAE Analysis,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):21-26, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.05.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Saravanan, K., Loganathan, G.B., Kumaran, D., and Rajendrakumar, S., “Root Cause Analysis for Failure of Door Lock Case Assembly during Caulking Process,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):11-14, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.03.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K., Umasekar, V.G., and Rajendrakumar, S., “Numerical Evaluation and Influence of Product Quality and its Defects Measures on the Drawing of Stainless Steel Cross Member for Automobiles,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):107-112, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.19.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Umasekar, V.G., Loganathan, G.B., Kumaran, D., and Rajendrakumar, S., “Multi Response Optimization of Setting Process Variables in Face Milling of ZE41 Magnesium Alloy Using Ranking Algorithms and ANOVA,” Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems 11(1):47-56, 2019, doi:10.4273/ijvss.11.1.10.
- Sivam, S.P.S.S., Loganathan, G.B., Saravanan, K. et al., “Experimental Study and Ignition Fire Risk Mapping on Friction Stir Welding Parameters of Dissimilar Alloys for the Benefits of Environment,” Materials Today: Proceedings, doi:10.1016/j.matpr.2019.06.652.