This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Emission and Noise Optimization of CRDe Engine with Pilot Injection Strategies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
The combustion strategies play a key role in emission improvisation and noise reduction on diesel engines equipped for higher emission norus. This paper clearly discussed on the selection of various operating points for optimization and employing of proper calibration strategies like pilot strategy, Main injection timing, EGR type and rail pressure variation for best emission and noise output. Various optimization techniques have been implemented in our study. Since the pilot injection quantity as well as timing are varied in our paper, careful matrix formulation is required to determine the best optimum point. Around 340 points were obtained on varying pilot quantity and pilot separation sweep chosen at single engine speed and load for both the pilots. Out of the above points, 5 sensitive points were selected ensuring the sensitivity of the emissions and noise. Calibration was employed to meet the emission and noise targets of the points achieving effective noise - Soot trade off and HC- PM trade-off.
CitationSinha, P., Muthusamy, A., and Shangar Ramani, V., "Emission and Noise Optimization of CRDe Engine with Pilot Injection Strategies," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0019, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0019.
- Kevin Chen, S. , “Simultaneous Reduction of NOx and Particulate Emissions by using Multiple Injections in a Small Diesel Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3084, 2000, doi:10.4271/2000-01-3084.
- Park, C., Kook, S., and Bae, C. , “Effects of Multiple Injections in a HSDI Diesel Engine Equipped with Common Rail Injection System,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0127, 2004, doi:10.4271/2004-01-0127.
- Mingfa, Y., Hu, W., Zunqing, Z., and Yan, Y. , “Experimental Study of Multiple Injections and Coupling Effects of Multi-Injection and EGR in a HD Diesel Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2807, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-2807.
- Yamaki, Y., Mori, K., Kamikubo, H., Kohketsu, S. et al. , “Application of Common Rail Fuel Injection System to a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 942294, 1994, doi:10.4271/942294.
- Wang, Z., Shao, M., Li, M., Wang, D., and Liu, Z. , “Effect of Pilot Diesel Multiple Injections on the Performance and the Emissions of a Diesel/Natural Gas Dual Fuel Heavy-Duty Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2271, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-2271.
- Corcione, F.E., Vaglieco, B.M., Corcione, G.E., and Lavorgna, M. , “Potential of Multiple Injection Strategy for Low Emission Diesel Engines,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1150, 2002, doi:10.4271/2002-01-1150.
- Dronniou, N., Lejeune, M., and Balloul, I. , “Combination of High EGR Rates and Multiple Injection Strategies to Reduce Pollutant Emissions,” SAE Technical Paper, 2005-01-3726, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-3726.