This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Controlled Distribution of PGM in Transversal and Vertical Direction of Washcoat; New Approach for Targeting Emission at Cold Start and High Speed Region
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
We have developed a new technology with which we are able to control PGM distribution two-dimensionally along transversal and vertical direction. Vehicle evaluation using naturally aspirated engine suggested that the newly developed catalyst with two-dimensionally controlled Pd distribution shows an improvement of 8% for NMHC and 15% for NOx emissions compared to conventional zone coated catalyst. In addition, the Pd distribution in front zone was further optimized based on the results of light-off tests. Catalyst with three zones shows clear improvement in purification of NMHC at cold start. The higher purification of newly developed catalysts could be attributed to controlled distribution of PGM along transversal and vertical direction which results in deposition of higher amount of PGM at higher temperature region of the catalyst and efficient interactions of exhaust gases and PGM sites.
- Hiroki Tanaka - Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co Ltd
- Yuki Nagao - Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co Ltd
- Tokuya Watanabe - Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co Ltd
- Haruka Shimizu - Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co Ltd
- Masaaki Inamura - Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co Ltd
- Takashi Wakabayashi - Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co Ltd
- Yunosuke Nakahara - Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co Ltd
- Rajesh Kodiyath - Mitsui Kinzoku Components India Pvt.Ltd.
- Jun Sato - Mitsui Kinzoku Components India Pvt.Ltd.
- Takeshi Ueda - Mitsui Kinzoku Components India Pvt.Ltd.
CitationKodiyath, R., Tanaka, H., Nagao, Y., Watanabe, T. et al., "Controlled Distribution of PGM in Transversal and Vertical Direction of Washcoat; New Approach for Targeting Emission at Cold Start and High Speed Region," SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0144, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0144.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Gandhi , H.S. , Graham , G.W. , and McCabe , R.W. Automotive Exhaust Catalysis J. Catalysis 216 433 442 2003 10.1016/S0021-9517(02)00067-2
- Xu , L. , Lupescu , J. , Ura , J. , Harwell , A. et al. Benefits of Pd Doped Zeolites for Cold Start HC/NOx Emission Reductions for Gasoline and E85 Fueled Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0948 2018 10.4271/2018-01-0948
- Sampara , C.S. , Bisset , E.J. , and Assanis , D. Hydrocarbon Storage Modeling for Diesel Oxidation Catalysts Chemical Engineering Science 63 5179 5192 2008 10.1016/j.ces.2008.06.021
- Aoki , Y. , Sakagami , S. , Kawai , M. , Takahashi , N. et al. Development of Advanced Zone-Coated Three-Way Catalysts SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0296 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0296