This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Simplified Approach towards Draft Control in Hydraulic Machines for Component/Cost Reduction
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Draft Control is a mechanism in tractors to maintain the penetration of its rear attachment (plough) in ground to avoid engine overload and keep the operation under control. The concept was introduced in excavators for controlling the cutting edge penetration of the bucket in the ground. The idea is to implement draft control automation in excavators without involving complex or expensive electronic sensors and ECUs. The proposition is to use an adjustable pressure relief valve to sense the pressure acting in the cylinder. The relief valve acts as pilot control valve to control the Boom input, thus maintaining the digging depth of the excavator bucket. The relief valve adjustment allows the user to control the bucket through different terrains, i.e., hard debris, soft soil, dust, etc. thus allowing the engine and pump to run under control conditions at all times. The potential expands to the optimizing operational efficiency with minimalistic addition of components. The paper includes detailed concept and MATLAB model to validate the system.
|Technical Paper||Oil Pump Drive Design on a Diesel Engine|
|Journal Article||Multi-Fidelity Total Integrated Simulation Technology for High Pressure Pump with Squeeze Film Effect|
|Technical Paper||Engine Friction Reduction for Improved Fuel Economy|
CitationMittal, S. and Singh, R., "A Simplified Approach towards Draft Control in Hydraulic Machines for Component/Cost Reduction," SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0102, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0102.
- Olson , D.J. 1986
- Tochizawa , M. , Takeda , S. , Kamada , S. , Hirosawa , K. Automatic Excavator International Association for Automation and Robotics in Construction (IAARC) 1999 http://www.iaarc.org/publications/fulltext/Automatic_excavator.PDF
- Liu , Y. , Hasan , S.M. , and Hongnian , Y. https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/18269801.pdf
- Yu , H. , Liu , Y. , and Hasan , M.S. Review of Modelling and Remote Control for Excavators International Journal of Advanced Mechatronic Systems 2 1/2 2009
- Koivo , A.J. Kinematics of excavators (backhoes) for transferring surface material J. Aerosp. Eng. 7 1 17 32 1994
- Vaha , P.K. and Skibniewski , M.J. Dynamic model of excavator J. Aerosp. Eng. 6 148 158 1993
- Yu , H. Robust combined adaptive and variable structure adaptive control of robot manipulators Robotica 16 623 650 1998