This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Improved Clutch Pedal Ergonomic Position through Adjustable Clutch Pedal Assembly as per Anthropometry
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In automotive sector, worlds demanding more riding comfort so accelerator, brake and clutch pedals plays important roles in providing comfort or discomfort to driver. Now days automotive OEMs paying more attentions on providing comfortable ergonomics positions of pedals but it is difficult meet the requirement of each and every (all percentile populations) person because of packaging/manufacturing/costing constraint.
Here we are providing the solution to meet the requirement of comfortable ergonomics position as per drivers wish for all kind of persons/drivers (5th percentile to 95th percentile) by providing the adjustable clutch pedal assembly with simple mechanism.
Currently adjustment provided in driver’s seat to adjust the comfortable driving position which provide the comfortable positions for 25th percentile to 95th percentile peoples also this arrangement having some limitations such as space constraint in cabin also high belly with low height persons may face the issue of belly obstacle while steering the vehicles. To overcome these issues adjustment in the pedal is must for comfortable driving position.
CitationMusale, C., Deshpande, A., Latare, S., and Deshmuk, M., "Improved Clutch Pedal Ergonomic Position through Adjustable Clutch Pedal Assembly as per Anthropometry," SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0011, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0011.
- “Survival Space for the Protection of the Occupants of the Cab of a Commercial Vehicle AIS-029,” 2004.
- S., Garg, S., Bhide, and S., Gupta, “Analysis of Automotive Control Pedals Ergonomics through Mathematical Modelling Based on Human Anthropometry,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-26-0252, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-26-0252.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice, “Accommodation Tool Reference Point for Class B Vehicles,” SAE Standard J1516, Rev. Oct. 2011.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice, “Driver Selected Seat Position for Class B Vehicles - Seat Track Length and SgRP,” SAE Standard J1517, Rev. Oct. 2011.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Standard, “Control Locations for Off-Road Work Machines,” SAE Standard J898, Rev. Oct. 1994.
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Standard, “Devices for Use in Defining and Measuring Vehicle Seating Accommodation,” SAE Standard J826, Rev. Nov. 2008.