This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Regenerative Braking Cooperative Control of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Based on System Efficiency Optimization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: Automotive Technical Papers
In order to improve the performance of electro-hydraulic composite braking system of hybrid electric vehicle (HEV), a new type of plug-in HEV with dual motor was taken as the research object. The model of motor loss was built to achieve maximum motor efficiency, and the hydraulic braking system model, which can dynamically control pressure, was built. Based on the optimization of a motor’s continuously variable transmission (CVT) joint efficiency, the real-time optimal allocation strategy based on threshold method and cooperative control strategy of the electro-hydraulic composite braking system were brought out to recover most of the regenerative energy under the premise of ensuring safety. The model was built to verify the performance by AMESim-Simulink. The results show that the control strategy can take the advantages of dual-motor braking recovery system, increase braking energy recovery rate, effectively improve the braking safety and ride comfort of the vehicle, and reduce braking force fluctuation.
CitationYang, Y., Chen, J., Luo, C., and Tang, Q., "Regenerative Braking Cooperative Control of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Based on System Efficiency Optimization," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-5089, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-5089.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Liu, X.M. , “Study on Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle System Based on the CVT,” M.S. thesis, Hunan University, China, 2009.
- Yang, Y., Wang, C., Zhang, Q., and He, X. , “Torque Coordination Control during Braking Mode Switch for a Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” Energies 36:1684, 2017, doi:10.3390/en10111684.
- Björnsson, L.H. and Karlsson, S. , “The Potential for Brake Energy Regeneration under SWEDISH CONDITIONS,” Applied Energy 168:75-84, 2016, doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.01.051.
- Ko, J.W., Ko, S.Y., Kim, I.S., Hyun, D.Y., and Kim, H.S. , “Co-operative Control for Regenerative Braking and Friction Braking to Increase Energy Recovery without Wheel Lock,” International Journal of Automotive Technology 15(2):253-262, 2014, doi:10.1007/s12239-014-0026-6.
- Fujimoto, H. and Harada, S. , “Model-Based Range Extension Control System for Electric Vehicles with Front and Rear Driving-Braking Force Distributions,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 62(5):3245-3254, 2015, doi:10.1109/TIE.2015.2402634.
- Wang, C., Zhao, W., and Li, W. , “Braking Sense Consistency Strategy of Electro-Hydraulic Composite Braking System,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 109:196-219, 2018, doi:10.1016/j.ymssp.2018.02.047.
- Nadeau, J., Micheau, P., and Boisvert, M. , “Ideal Regenerative Braking Torque in Collaboration with Hydraulic Brake System,” in 2017 Twelfth International Conference on Ecological Vehicles and Renewable Energies (EVER) IEEE, 2017, doi:10.1109/EVER.2017.7935934.
- Ricardo, M., Marco, S., Rui, A., and Urbano, N. , “Electrical Vehicle Modeling: A Fuzzy Logic Model for Regenerative Braking,” Expert Systems with Applications 42(22):8504-8519, 2015, doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2015.07.006.
- Ramakrishnan, R., Hiremath, S.S., and Singaperumal, M. , “Design Strategy for Improving the Energy Efficiency in Series Hydraulic/Electric Synergy System,” Energy 67(4):422-434, 2014, doi:10.1016/j.energy.2014.01.057.
- Yang, L., Sun, Z., and Meng, W. , “Decoupled Electro-Hydraulic Brake System for New Energy Vehicles,” Journal of Central South University 46:835-842, 2015.
- Peng, Y.J., Chen, H.Y., and Han, L.W. , “Coordinated Control of Mode Switch for Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle with Double Planetary Gear Set,” Automotive Engineer 36:515-521, 2014.
- Zhang, X.G. , “Research on Key Issues of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Sliding Mode Speed Control System,” M.S. thesis, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2014.
- Zhu, Z.Q. and Howe, D. , “Electrical Machines and Drives for Electric, Hybrid, and Fuel Cell Vehicles,” Proceedings of the IEEE 95(4):746-765, 2007, doi:10.1109/jproc.2006.892482.
- Chen, L., Zhang, J., Li, Y., and Ye, Y. , “Mechanism Analysis and Evaluation Methodology of Regenerative Braking Contribution to Energy Efficiency Improvement of Electrified Vehicles,” Energy Conversion and Management 92:469-482, 2015, doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2014.12.092.
- Qiu, C., Wang, G., Meng, M., and Shen, Y. , “A Novel Control Strategy of Regenerative Braking System for Electric Vehicles under Safety Critical Driving Situations,” Energy 149:329-340, 2018, doi:10.1016/j.energy.2018.02.046.
- Wang, L. , “Research on Multi-objective Optimization Design of EV Electro-hydraulic Composite Braking System Based on Co-simulation,” M.S. thesis, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China, 2014.
- Yang, Y. , “New Electro-hydraulic Braking System for Pure Electric Vehicle,” M.S. thesis, Chongqing University, China, 2012.
- Tang, J.D. , “Research on Electro-Hydraulic Braking Control for Electric Vehicle,” M.S. thesis, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2013.
- Jiang, J.M. and Zhao, H. , “Study of Dynamic Coordinated Control Algorithm of Regenerative Braking Force of Electric Vehicle,” Journal of Hefei University of Technology (Natural Sciences) 35:1153-1156, 2012.