This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of a Coordinated Engine-Start Control Strategy for P2 Hybrid Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 04, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
P2 hybrid electric vehicle is the single-motor parallel configuration integrating with an engine disconnect clutch (EDC) between the engine and the motor. The key point with P2 hybrid electric vehicle is to start the engine utilizing the single driving motor while still propelling the vehicle, which requires an appropriate engine-start control strategy and a high mechanical performance of EDC. Since the space for EDC is limited, EDC torque response is difficult to follow the torque command, which complicates the issue of precisely controlling the clutch. Consequently, methods proposed in massive papers are inappropriate for current EDC of target vehicle. Considering that slip control of shifting clutch also contributes to reducing impact of engine start assisted by EDC, a detailed engine-start control strategy was proposed to simplify the control of EDC for being applied to actual target vehicle. Furthermore, the control strategy proposed in this paper was utilized to realize driving mode transformation from motor-only to engine-only. In this paper, a detailed hybrid electric vehicle simulation model was established with the consideration of dynamic characteristics of engine, motor and clutch by means of MATLAB/Simulink. Moreover, control methods of engine, motor and clutch were introduced and the vehicle control architecture was also summarized in this paper. In addition, the detailed coordinated control process of engine, motor and clutch was analyzed containing the choose of different motor control mode and engine control mode due to the change of primary control objective. Simulation results were utilized to verify the coordinated engine-start control strategy proposed. Ultimately, vehicle test data was obtained to validate the simulation results utilizing CANape and the reasons for difference between simulation results and test data were analyzed.
CitationZhao, C., Zu, B., Xu, Y., Wang, Z. et al., "Analysis of a Coordinated Engine-Start Control Strategy for P2 Hybrid Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-5023, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-5023.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Beck , R. et al. Model Predictive Control of a Parallel Hybrid Vehicle Drivetrain European Control Conference Cdc-ecc 05 IEEE Conference on Decision & Control IEEE 2005 10.1109/CDC.2005.1582566
- Chen , L. and Xi , G. Torque Coordination Control During Mode Transition for a Series-Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 61 7 2936 2949 2012 10.1109/TVT.2012.2200305
- Xiangyang , X. et al. Coordinated Engine-Start Control of Single-Motor P2 Hybrid Electric Vehicles with Respect to Different Driving Situations Energies 11 1 207 2018 10.3390/en11010207
- Lei , Z. et al. Analysis and Coordinated Control of Mode Transition and Shifting for a Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle Based on Dual Clutch Transmissions Mechanism and Machine Theory 114 125 140 2017 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2017.04.001
- Sim , K. et al. A Control Strategy for Mode Transition with Gear Shifting in a Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Energies 10 2017 10.3390/en10071043
- Smith , A. , Bucknor , N. , Yang , H. , and He , Y. Controls Development for Clutch-Assisted Engine Starts in a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0870 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0870
- Gao , B.Z. et al. Design of Clutch-Slip Controller for Automatic Transmission Using Backstepping IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 16 3 498 508 2011 10.1109/tmech.2010.2045391
- Fengyu , L. et al. Improved Clutch Slip Control for Automated Transmissions Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 10.1177/0954406217734578
- Hu , M. et al. Torque Coordinated Control in Engine Starting Process for a Single-Motor Hybrid Electric Vehicle Advances in Mechanical Engineering 9 7 2017 10.1177/1687814017705965
- Liu , Y. et al. Modeling and Control of Engine Starting for a Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle Based on System Dynamic Characteristics International Journal of Automotive Technology 18 5 911 922 2017 10.1007/s12239-017-0089-2
- Dengke , Y. et al. Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Variable Frequency Speed Control System and Its Control Beijing Machinery Industry Press 2015 978-7-111-50228-9