This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research of Fuel Components to Expand lean-limit in Super lean-burn condition
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The thermal efficiency of internal combustion engines can be improved dramatically with the right combination of engine technology and fuel technology. Super lean-burn technology is attracting attention as a means of boosting thermal efficiency. However, there is a limit to how lean a fuel-air mixture can be before combustion becomes unstable or misfire occurs. The authors evaluated the effects of various chemical compositions on the lean limit under super lean-burn conditions. By changing the composition of the fuel, it was possible to achieve excess air ratios of over 2.0, resulting in high thermal efficiency.
CitationNaiki, T., Obata, K., Watanabe, M., Yokomori, T. et al., "Research of Fuel Components to Expand lean-limit in Super lean-burn condition," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2257, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2257.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- T. Yokomori , N. Iida , et al. Research on Super Lean Burn Concept for Gasoline Engine with High Thermal Efficiency 2016
- T. Omura , K. Nakata , et al. Development of the Measures to Improve Cycle-to-Cycle Variations in SI High Tumble Combustion 2016
- J. Dongwon , N. Iida , et al. The Impact of Spark Discharge Pattern on Cycle-to-Cycle Variations of Combustion in a Lean Burn SI Engine 27th Internal Combustion Engine Symposium 2016
- Stanglmaier , R. Roberts , C. Mehta , D. Chadwell , et al. Measurement of Laminar Burning Velocity of Multi-Component Fuel Blends for Use in High-Performance SI Engines SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3185
- N. Yokoo , K. Nakata , K. Obata , et al. Research Fuel Components to Enhance Engine Thermal Efficiency 2018
- K. Tanaka , M. Konno , et al. Ignition Characteristic of Furans: a New Biofuel Candidate 2014
- M. Ohtomo ， M. Koike ， et al. Effect on Auto-Ignition and Knock with Furans Addition The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers paper No. 2011-JBR-0009 2011
- A. Miyoshi , Y. Sakai Construction of a Detailed Kinetic Model for Gasoline Surrogate Mixtures 2017