This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation of Cycle Variation of SWACER-like Knocking Using 3D SI Combustion Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Cyclic variation on heavy knocking was reproduced using 3D SI combustion simulation with RANS / LES turbulence models and detailed kinetic mechanisms. A 0.66 liter, inline 3 cylinder gasoline engine operated at 1200 rpm, WOT was mainly investigated. It was revealed that the combination of RANS, Liu mech. and calculation over multiple cycles worked well. Detailed process of heavy-knock was also suggested and it was thought that SWACER-like mechanism had concerned. RANS could describe typical behavior of heavy-knock within the first 3 cycle calculation and it showed good agreement with both the actual engine measurement and LES calculation result.
CitationKuroki, T., Shima, Y., Ono, Y., and Serizawa, T., "Evaluation of Cycle Variation of SWACER-like Knocking Using 3D SI Combustion Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2208, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2208.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd., “A new era of automotive electrification”, Mizuho Industry Focus, 205, 2018, “https://www.mizuhobank.co.jp/corporate/bizinfo/iindustr/sangyou/pdf/mif_205.pdf”, accessed Apl. 2019
- Y. Nagano, R. Shinya, K. Kono, S. Tanaka, T. Kitagawa, “Study on Crucial Factor of Knock Intensity Using Constant Volume Vessel”, Transactions of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, 49(4):714-719, 2018
- T. Kaminaga, A. Kikusato, B. Zhou et al., “Large Eddy Simulation and Analysis of Cycle-by-Cycle Variations in a Spark Ignition Gasoline Engine”, Transactions of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, 50(1):19-24, 2019
- Liu Z., Chen R., “A zero-dimensional combustion model with reduced kinetic for SI engine knock simulation”, Combustion Science and Technology, 181(6):828-852, 2009
- M. Jia, M. Xie, “A chemical kinetics model of iso-octane oxidation for HCCI engines”, Fuel, 85(17-18):2593-2604, 2006
- Y. Ono, “MBD” Handout for Meeting of JSAE Kansai Branch, 2018
- AVL List GmbH, “AVL Product Description”, “https://www.avl.com/documents/10138/885965/ProductDescription_Gasoline_DI_ Engines_f1.pdf”, accessed Apl. 2019
- Hossam A. El-Asrag , Yiguang Ju, “Direct numerical simulation of NOx effect on multistage autoiginition of DME/air mixture in the negative temperature coefficient regime for satisfied HCCI engine conditions”, Combustion and Flame, 161(1):256-269, 2014, doi:10.1016/j.combustflame.2013.07.012
- Lee J.H.S., Moen I.O., “The mechanisms of transition from deflagration to detonation in vapor cloud explosions”, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, 6(4):359-389, 1980, doi:10.1016/0360-1285(80)90011-8
- J.H. Lee, R. Knystautas, N. Yoshikawa, “Photochemical initiation of gaseous detonations”, Acta Astronautica, 5(11):971-982, 1987, doi:10.1016/0094-5765(78)90003-6