This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Development of the Rear Seat Leg Support Using Optimizing Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 25, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The purpose of this study is to suggest a concept of automotive seat leg-support design to reduce the structural weight and to obtain operation loading conditions. In the paper, structural analysis require for development of leg-support was accomplished according to the test requirements by ES-SPEC. Using optimization simulation, it made a frame shape to maintain strength and to reduce weight. The weight of optimized frames could be reduced to 38% compared with the base frames. The sliding and tilting operating loads were also calculated by using Daful, and it proposed a design guide.
CitationJung, H., "A Development of the Rear Seat Leg Support Using Optimizing Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1427, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1427.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
- Jung J.Y., Kim B.J., Heo S.J., Lee S.K. et al., “Optimal Design and Analysis of Automotive Light Weight Seat in Consideration of Safety,” in Spring Conference of Proceedings, KSAE, II, 722-727, 2002.
- Kim, B.J. and Heo, S.J., “Crash Worthiness Design Concepts for the Improved Absorbing Performance of an Lightweight Vehicle Body,” Transaction of KSAE 11(3):155-160, 2003.
- Bendsoe, M.P. and Sigmund, O., Topology Optimization; Theory, Methods and Applications (Berlin: Springer, 2003).
- Bendsoe, M.P. and Kikuchi, N., “Generating Optimal Topologies in Structural Design Using a Homogenization Method,” Computer Method in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 71(2):197-224, 1988.
- Bendsoe, M.P. and Kikuchi, N., “Topology and Lay out Optimization of Discrete and Continuum Structures,” AIAA 150:517-567, 1992.